UConn Recruiting Speculation | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Recruiting Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I can't understand Sarah not declaring, is it she can't choose, is it a family thing or else, I don't know, but the 2025 recruting has already started when the lone top 100 in 2024 and the first has yet to decide , it must be a nightmare for her to announce

Reaction Score
I can't understand Sarah not declaring, is it she can't choose, is it a family thing or else, I don't know, but the 2025 recruting has already started when the lone top 100 in 2024 and the first has yet to decide , it must be a nightmare for her to announce
At this point I would imagine she's waiting for the signing period April 17-May 15, when the tournament hoopla will have died down, and the portal will be closed (on May 1, I think). That way her announcement won't have to compete for attention with anything else.

Reaction Score
So we have one opening available for next season. Hopefully; that spot will be filled by Sarah Strong. My apologies but I’m sure who posts the graph that shows the year by year breakdown. Even with Nika and Aaliyah leaving there is still a lot on uncertainty in the years to come. That’s all because of the injuries sustained by six players prior and through the season.

We say thank you to Nika and Aaliyah. Welcome Allie and Morgan. Then hopefully Sarah. And, if not whomever Geno decides to bring in if anyone. The following year we again say good bye to Aubrey and to Amari. This is where things get complicated. Paige technically still has a Covid year. Azzi and Caroline have injury years. Do they use them? Kelis and can’t remember the young ladies that’s a post enter the program. Will there be room for any others.

The following year is when things really open up. Paige, Azzi, Caroline will be in the WNBA. The only true senior is Ines. Am so looking forward to see whom Geno can get in that loaded class of players.

Reaction Score
With nothing imminent from Sarah, is Geno still interested in Kaitlyn Chen of Princeton? There was alot of buzz about UConn being interested when she went in the portal.

Reaction Score
img_0841-jpeg.98107

Seems team is giving her the full court press.....
IMG_0841.jpeg

Reaction Score
The resolution in that image makes it hard to see clearly. But she is sitting among the UConn players. Jana Ash Q and Azzi are sitting with a few feet of her. I wouldn’t be surprised if the empty seats weren’t just occupied by Paige Aaliyah and Nika.

Reaction Score
Have official visits started? Geno mentioned in one of the interviews after the game they have a player visiting and will be going some stuff with her. I thought visits start after the season? Unless it’s an unofficial. What are the limits of an unofficial? She can’t stay on campus but can spend time with the team?

Reaction Score
Have official visits started? Geno mentioned in one of the interviews after the game they have a player visiting and will be going some stuff with her. I thought visits start after the season? Unless it’s an unofficial. What are the limits of an unofficial? She can’t stay on campus but can spend time with the team?
Recruits can unofficially visit the campus at their own expense as many times as they want. They can meet and talk with the staff and players and receive comped tickets for a game. But yes, they must stay off campus also at their own expense. It is possible that this was an official visit. If so, this article explains the current rules:

Reaction Score
You could be right about things opening up next year, but not necessarily. The three players you mention going to the WNBA could all choose to return for another year. Paige already had the option with the covid and red-shirt years, but Azzi and Caroline can also take a red-shirt year because they only played a couple of games this year. That is their right and although it might not be likely, if all three returned and we added Sarah we would be limited again to only one additional player from the 2025 class, even though we are showing an interest in quite a few.

So if Sarah and Somfai committed soon as a hypothetical, we wouldn't know if we had a spot for an additional 2025 recruit until one from Paige, Azzi or Caroline decided not to use their extra year.
I meant to say year after next above.

Reaction Score
Recruits can unofficially visit the campus at their own expense as many times as they want. They can meet and talk with the staff and players and receive comped tickets for a game. But yes, they must stay off campus also at their own expense. It is possible that this was an official visit. If so, this article explains the current rules:

So, CD wrote the section on what to bring on your visit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom