UConn PR Department finally getting a pulse? | The Boneyard

UConn PR Department finally getting a pulse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Can't be any worse than the UMD ticket office. Just got a mailer yesterday with a deal to buy tickets for a game that occurred a month ago.

Reaction Score
How about SNY and DISH Network getting together and making a deal to get on the system. It is 2 years now that they have been in negotiations to come to an agreement. It Sucks. I have Season tickets for football 0nly.

Reaction Score
I think UConn is just re-releasing a SNY press release. But they got that going for them.

Reaction Score
How about SNY and DISH Network getting together and making a deal to get on the system. It is 2 years now that they have been in negotiations to come to an agreement. It Sucks. I have Season tickets for football 0nly.

I left dish network for uverse over that issue. Paid the early termination and everything. Dish seems to want out of the sports business thing and their customer service is the worst I've ever dealt with even worse than diecttv if u can believe that.

Reaction Score
I left dish network for uverse over that issue. Paid the early termination and everything. Dish seems to want out of the sports business thing and their customer service is the worst I've ever dealt with even worse than diecttv if u can believe that.
Are you sure Dish would want out of sports? Go to any city in CT with a large immigrant population and the houses are covered with dishes. This to get the ever prized soccer games of course...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Are you sure Dish would want out of sports? Go to any city in CT with a large immigrant population and the houses are covered with dishes. This to get the ever prized soccer games of course...

Yeah, but are you distinguishing Dish from DirecTV? I'm a soccer fanatic, and I have DirecTV, which has all the sports I could want. Not sure Dish has the same packages (I could be wrong)...

Reaction Score
Can't be any worse than the UMD ticket office. Just got a mailer yesterday with a deal to buy tickets for a game that occurred a month ago.
Stay strong-I wouldn't pay more than $12.50 a pop for those tickets!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Dish has never had YES network, and it wasn't the least bit sad to see SNY go. They refuse to play ball when it comes to sports network rates, especially when they want carriage on basic/national tiers instead of regional/sports tiers. Sucks, but... I guess I've just gotten used to it. I refuse to go to Cox, and DirecTV is more expensive. If there were any other alternatives...

Reaction Score
While not dedicated to Athletics, Dave Martel and his team have done a great job getting the right messages out externally to potential students and alums through various media channels. http://communications.uconn.edu/people.html

Only wish the Athletics Department had such a focused, multimedia plan.

Reaction Score
Stay strong-I wouldn't pay more than $12.50 a pop for those tickets!
I also appreciate the yearly call I get from the Rutgers ticket office asking me what my football plans are for the coming fall. They don't really have a scripted answer to respond to 'Cheering on 'n UConn Huskies!'. Sell me on that, Mr. Work/Study.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom