UConn Players in the Pros | Page 13 | The Boneyard

UConn Players in the Pros

Reaction Score

(Tyce Thompson also waived by New Jersey)

That stinks.

Holds the UConn record for most career assists during the D1 era with 76. (One of those seasons was the Covid shortened year)

Reaction Score
Ryan Tverberg got his 1st pro goal and assist Sunday for the Toronto Marlies!
We could use some goals vs. Union this weekend.

Reaction Score
On Nov. 14, a skate blade sliced the through the top of Sabres center Tage Thompson’s skate through the tongue and his cut-resistant sock.

“Cut pretty deep, cut a tendon in my foot,” Thompson said prior to Saturday’s 3-2 shootout loss to the Montreal Canadiens in KeyBank Center. “Figured if a blade could through all that stuff, the more layers the better.”

So Thompson, who returned to that game last month before suffering a hand injury, sported neck protection – a shirt with a Kevlar neck – for the first time Saturday. He started wearing cut-resistant wrist guards this season and has been using the socks for years.

“(Cuts have) been a lot more frequent recently, I don’t know why that is,” he said. “The game’s so fast, too. You never know what could happen. You get into a vulnerable position and guys move so fast out there, it’s better to be safe.”

“I feel like why not, right?” said Thompson, who tested his guard out Saturday morning. “You never know. You never think it can happen to you until it does. So if it feels comfortable on me and it doesn’t really bother me or affect the way I play, why not wear it?”

Reaction Score
Which AHL teams currently include UConn alumni? TIA
Ryan Tverberg- Toronto, missed over a month with a lower body injury, could get called up eventually

Ruslan Ishakov-Bridgeport, could get a call up to Islanders

Marc Gatcomb-Abbotsford

Yan Kuznetsov-Calgary, could eventually get called up

Wyatt Newpower-Grand Rapids, been solid in AHL

Justin Pearson-Cleveland

Jarrod Gourley-Calgary

Adam Karashik-Lehigh Valley

Cole Schneider-Chicago

Firstov, Letunov, and Huska are all playing on the same team in the KHL

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ryan Twerberg skated on the 1st line for the Toronto Marlies this weekend vs the Wolfpack. Marlies won in OT. The place was crazy with lots of kids for the Sunday afternoon game. It was mascot day or something. Lots of enthusiasm downtown. Not a bad idea for the Huskies to replicate. It wouldn’t hurt to build the brand for families.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Ryan Twerberg skated on the 1st line for the Toronto Marlies this weekend vs the Wolfpack. Marlies won in OT. The place was crazy with lots of kids for the Sunday afternoon game. It was mascot day or something. Lots of enthusiasm downtown. Not a bad idea for the Huskies to replicate. It wouldn’t hurt to build the brand for families.
We seem to be shouting into the abyss when we ask the athletic department to actually market hockey to the masses. They seem content with what they have.

Reaction Score
Ryan Tverberg scored 4 goals tonight for the Toronto Marlies

He’s playing excellent this season. 18 points in 17 games in his rookie season after missing 6 weeks with an injury

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom