UConn not in Albany? Portland bracket here (merged) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn not in Albany? Portland bracket here (merged)

Reaction Score
Ooh I like this bracket, except for the distance of course. Our path in the worst case is:

Jackson St — Syracuse — tOSU — USC

There’s some good challenges here but also games we can win given the talent we have.

Now it’s time to speculate about early upsets. I predict that tOSU loses to Duke and USC loses to either Va Tech or Baylor. This would make our path:

Jackson St — Syracuse — Duke — Baylor/Va Tech

I think this looks even more interesting. Of course, even in the worst case I think we are competitive with USC, but we may not ever see them. Paige Aaliyah Nika Ice KK Ash would definitely matchup well with Watkins Marshall Forbes Padilla. And even if we face tOSU, I think we’ll be in much better physical shape than we were last year. Then we were an emotionally spent team, hobbling on all cylinders. Now we’re coming off a dominant run through the BE and are full of beans. If we shut down Syracuse, I think that will be one more boost.

Reaction Score
I'm so annoyed right now. I would have never bought Albany tickets if I'd known. Ugh, the last thing I wanted to do was have to watch LSU, SC, Iowa ...
Sell them. You'll get good $$$.

Reactions: mmt
Reaction Score
During the last 2 games of the Big East Tournament, I said to my Sister-in-law, that "nobody wants to play this version of UCONN". I know they weren't playing NCAAt teams then, but the way the Huskies played, especially on the defensive end was inspired and incredible. Ice came of age. Paige was vintage Paige, Nika and KK were great facilitators and pests on defense, Q showed out, and Aaliyah is going to be playing...so they only get better. I don't like the trip to Portland...but ya gotta play where the game is.

National Champion??? I dunno...but it's going to be exciting to watch.

Reaction Score
I'm so annoyed right now. I would have never bought Albany tickets if I'd known. Ugh, the last thing I wanted to do was have to watch LSU, SC, Iowa ...
I feel badly for you, Maple, but I'd guess there are tons of basketball fans who can't wait to see those teams, plus UCLA and others. I'm one of them...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Now those of us with tickets are hoping that the demand to see Clark is as high as the media says.

I believe her box-office attraction is the only reason UConn isn’t in Albany.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
UCONN is quite familiar with Cuse even we didn't face them in a regular season game. They came to Storrs and we played them pre-season. And by all accounts they went at it. Not a gentle warm up game as so often is the case.

Reaction Score
I feel pretty good about this bracket
Not saying I don't, but I've seen both Jackson State and Syracuse and UConn's B- game, with foul trouble and Ice reverting to form, does not easily win against an A game from either. Maybe that's overly pessimistic but that's my first reaction.

I'm very much looking forward to the possibility of an OSU game. Winning that would be so satisfying I'd count this whole year as a great success, regardless. UConn playing USC and Iowa as I would expect each to play, UConn wins those games. And then UConn playing at its very best, fully achieving potential, and the miracle is complete.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
25C19BBB-B160-4BE0-8388-B9BD17AA590A.jpeg

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
No respect for the Big East. Villanova and Georgetown not it...
Neither was expected to be in. Certainly not Georgetown, not even close.

What was surprising was Marquette getting a 10 seed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom