UCONN not doing so great in the number of twitter followers of athletic programs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN not doing so great in the number of twitter followers of athletic programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Absolutely no correlation between twitter followers and winning. I prefer WINNING!

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
In 1989 when I went to Michigan for graduate school there were people who didn't know what UConn was. I remember one girl asking me if it was in Canada (Yukon). .

When I told my grandmother (who was born and raised in SF) that I was attending UCONN in 1990 she asked me the same thing. She couldn't figure out why I wanted to go to school in Canada when there were so many wonderful schools in the United States. UCONN's brand recognition is definitely improved since then.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
In 1989 when I went to Michigan for graduate school there were people who didn't know what UConn was. I remember one girl asking me if it was in Canada (Yukon). Now, everyone knows who UConn is. I've traveled all around the country and UConn is a known brand. Athletically and academically.

We have Jim Calhoun to thank for that.

Reaction Score
Where did Rutgers rank? Regardless, someone better start drafting up a banner or trophy to put with all of their football recruiting hardware in their "off the playing field" trophy case. It will fit nicely between their "season ticket waiting list in 2007" trophy and their "top 5 rated college football games in New York" trophy.

Reaction Score
The problem might be that the vast majority of UConn fans/alumni have lives.

duckk Twitter. Facebook Lite.

That explains the drop in my followers.

A day in the TWITTER life of TheRogers:

Reading memos
@NYID - will submit memorandum next well.
hope nobody got all the legal pads
off to lunch
Back from lunch. LOL, taco salad is really not good for you
Computer sooooo slow
These guys from the BY are crazy...
Profit run done! Time to make it rain!! Woohoo!
Re-running profit model
Foot hurts
Heading home soon
What a day!

NOTE: I purposely left off the boring parts.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yeah, but how many twitter followers does he have?

That's what really counts.

No way Jim can pronounce twitter. Doesn't even know what the internet is.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
we're a national brand, which is why we're one of the few lead schools Nike uses

can't believe I have to say that

Curiouser
Reaction Score
And yet, a bunch of hicks in Kentucky, Michigan and North Carolina seem to have it sussed out no problem at all. Plenty of college educated folks up our way...where's the uptake?
I did not suggest--nor do I believe--that there is any correlation between education and the use of Facebook and Twitter. To the extent I draw an inference about the relationship between the two, it is an inverse one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom