UConn Mississippi State Game on Saturday Starts at 11:30 am | The Boneyard

UConn Mississippi State Game on Saturday Starts at 11:30 am

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thanks. A nice breakfast at the Hyatt Regency and then Metro North to Bridgeport. Sounds like a good day. I'll see many of you there!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

JavaMan, I want to give you a tip o' the turban. You my friend are on top of any and all news of interest to the Boneyard. NOTHING gets by you. You sir, are the Boneyard's version of ESPN's Adam Shefter & Chris Mortenson. YOU have on many occasion, been the first to report a breaking news item.

I personally want to thank you for your efforts in keeping us informed and up to date on items of interest to us. It's obvious that you keep your ear to the ground, and your finger on the pulse of WCBB. Hopefully I'll get to meet you in person one of these days.

We're glad you're one of us. JavaMan.....YOU da man!!!! :)

Reaction Score
J-man on the case. Thanks man.
JavaMan, I want to give you a tip o' the turban. You my friend are on top of any and all news of interest to the Boneyard. NOTHING gets by you. You sir, are the Boneyard's version of ESPN's Adam Shefter & Chris Mortenson. YOU have on many occasion, been the first to report a breaking news item. I personally want to thank you for your efforts in keeping us informed and up to date on items of interest to us. It's obvious that you keep your ear to the ground, and your finger on the pulse of WCBB. Hopefully I'll get to meet you in person one of these days. We're glad you're one of us. JavaMan.....YOU da man!!!! :)

Well... I just want to be there for my teammates when they need me. I just focus on doing my part. When I come into the game, coach and my teammates want to be able trust me, and I, just like all of my teammates, ...well, we just want to do our part and help our team out every way we can. Right now I am focused on providing valuable input one game at a time through the rest of the tournament. Hopefully we'll win it all! When it's over, maybe then I'll be able to look back and appreciate the individual things. ;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well... I just want to be there for my teammates when they need me. I just focus on doing my part. When I come into the game, coach and my teammates want to be able trust me, and I, just like all of my teammates, ...well, we just want to do our part and help our team out every way we can. Right now I am focused on providing valuable input one game at a time through the rest of the tournament. Hopefully we'll win it all! When it's over, maybe then I'll be able to look back and appreciate the individual things. ;)
You forgot to say you'd give 110%. :cool:

Reaction Score
NCAA website shows Bridgeport Regional Final at 7:00pm and Dallas Regional Final at 9:00pm
It BETTER be 7:00 start: I have a long drive after that. (It says 7:00 on my ticket).

Never been to Bridgeport before: any tips on where to eat/park, etc?
thanks.

Reaction Score
If you are close to Metro North Train Line, I suggest using it. The Bridgeport Station is a block from the Webster Bank Arena and there is a covered elevated walkway between the Train Station and the Arena. If you are driving, parking lots & parking garage are adjacent to Arena.
As for restaurants, the best (Ralph 'n Richs) is a block from Arena. You will need to make reservation ASAP - assuming it's not already too late. Otherwise there are others within walking distance (Barnum Public House, Holiday Inn, Tiagos, etc.) After that you'll need to drive to reach other restaurants in Bridgeport, Fairfield, Trumbull, or Stratford.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I agree with Rocky. Take the train. If you are coming from the North or East, park for free or cheap at Stratford and take the train 1 stop for about $2. Parking at the arena is about $10 or $20. The arena has ok food.

Reaction Score
Javaman, agree with all of Carnac's comments and also special thanks for the tip on speeding up the page loading of the Boneyard. It's like I have a new computer. Simple fix, big results.
Sorry I missed the tip, I could sure use it. Thanks

Reaction Score
I have my tickets for the final on Monday night - should they win on Saturday! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Sorry I missed the tip, I could sure use it. Thanks

From a previous thread: "The changes in the Boneyard sign" we were discussing the BY banner on the BY page and I mentioned that I don't see the banner because I use an alternate layout that doesn't show the banner. Why? Because it loads much faster and is easier on the eyes while using computers, tablets, and phones (I use all three). I offered instructions on how anyone could choose this layout. I'll repeat it here.

Here are the two layouts we were discussing. I switched to the first layout having originally used the second layout that includes the banner and some other things.

BY_layout_2.png

Below, in the next post, are the instructions on how to choose an alternate layout. (Must use a second post because of the "one graphic" limit per post)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree with Rocky. Take the train. If you are coming from the North or East, park for free or cheap at Stratford and take the train 1 stop for about $2. Parking at the arena is about $10 or $20. The arena has ok food.

When the regionals were at Bridgepeort before, parking in the lot adjacent to the arena was highway robbery -$20. If you are driving, the train station is just a block north. Less congested getting out and much more reasonable [assuming Bridgeport is again trying to reduce its deficit through robbery].

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
You forgot to say you'd give 110%. :cool:
Thanks to the improved academics in Storrs over the past 20 years, UConn student athletes are trendsetters in their awareness that 100% is really the best you can give. As usual, we are waiting for other programs to catch up.
:rolleyes:

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
J-man on the case. Thanks man.
Javaman - you da man!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep up the great work!
JavaMan.....YOU da man!!!! :)
-All right, now lets not go crazy here!
- Look, I really (really, really) like JavaMan's work too, but c'mon : "You da Man ????" "Da MAN????"
- I mean, I think we can all agree the jury's still out there, right???
- C'mon guys, he's already got a big head, as it is.
- Can't we just say "You da Hominid, and leave it at that?

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
-All right, now lets not go crazy here!
- Look, I really (really, really) like JavaMan's work too, but c'mon : "You da Man ????" "Da MAN????"
- I mean, I think we can all agree the jury's still out there, right???
- C'mon guys, he's already got a big head, as it is.
- Can't we just say "You da Hominid, and leave it at that?
Javaman you da human precursor. Javaman you da knucle dragger. Javaman you da most/least Denisovian. Javaman you da analogue.

T

TroyHouse66

HoopsF21-
<<...these start times are ridiculous.>>

No say nutting, Brah
Ovah heh in Honolulu, dat be 5:30 morn' time
...gots to get dah roosta up at foah to get his lil baskball wig on
Open 'bout foah hunded lil' ombrella fo' de Mai-tai
Send son uppa tree fo' fresh coconut
Make de mac salad, put onna rice, cut up the poke ahi, wrap de lau-lau fo' steamin'...
D-mn, be hard be UConn fan... fool time jub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog