UConn Men/Women AAC Indoor Track Champs | The Boneyard

UConn Men/Women AAC Indoor Track Champs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Men took title and women narrowly bested took 2nd place over the weekend in Manhattan.

And THIS outstanding performer went nuts on Saturday and followed it up with her 3rd victory in 3 distance events on Sunday.

9761992.jpeg

http://womenplayball.com/durgin-nam...r-as-uconn-places-second-at-aac-championship/

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I recognize that this is a non-revenue generating sport, but I think any way that UConn can win adds to the overall resume. Congratulations to the men's and women's teams for the great showing.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Congrats to the participating athletes.

I apologize for any half-hearted overtones in my post, but it occurs to me that only national championships will soon matter as long as UConn is in the AAC. I happen to think the competition isn't that bad, but my opinion carries painfully little weight compared to the masses. Conference championships just aren't worth the wood they're engraved on...

Reaction Score
Congrats to the participating athletes.

I apologize for any half-hearted overtones in my post, but it occurs to me that only national championships will soon matter as long as UConn is in the AAC. I happen to think the competition isn't that bad, but my opinion carries painfully little weight compared to the masses. Conference championships just aren't worth the wood they're engraved on...

Snap out of your funk for a minute. Everything doesn't need to come back to the fact that we would benefit from being in a P5 conference. These athletes deserve to be recognized for their accomplishments without the benefit of a self-imposed asterisk by our own fans and alumni. They speak for themselves regardless of whether you or ESPN are impressed.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Snap out of your funk for a minute. Everything doesn't need to come back to the fact that we would benefit from being in a P5 conference. These athletes deserve to be recognized for their accomplishments without the benefit of a self-imposed asterisk by our own fans and alumni. They speak for themselves regardless of whether you or ESPN are impressed.
Read the lead sentence again...

Reaction Score
Winning is winning, can be contagious(sp?). Winning in Track doesn't open the door to the Big Ten, but losing Track doesn't help in any way. Mens Track hasn't lost to anyone this season, beating #7 Penn State in their house. You think the Penn St AD didn't notice that when he read through the weekends competitions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom