UCONN Men Rule!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN Men Rule!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What did he say? I missed it.
He said about a half dozen times, "can I get your attention please, if I don't have your attention, can I have it now." It got quiet and then he yelled "this is what happens when you ban us and we have two years to work hard" or something to that effect. The NCAA president Mark Emmert was standing about five feet away as he had just handed the trophy to Coach Ollie. Basically an in your face moment, and well deserved in my opinion the way they sanctioned this program causing Calhoun to retire and players to leave.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
It started here....

View attachment 5674

Now the Ladies have to finish the job.

The photo was taken at First Night. (Among those in attendance were Mrs. Kibitzer, A'ja Wilson, and me.:D) Mixed teams of men and women scrimmaged. I can't imagine any other school where players and coaches of both teams would buy into this.

And enjoy it. And support each other from them until now.

Reaction Score
UConn brought a slim lead into the second half and yet never trailed. That is gritty, hard-nosed UConn basketball. JIm Calhoun is beaming.

Heck yeah. Watching coach Calhoun was awesome. That special bond he has with coach Ollie and the players, is something nobody can take away.

Reaction Score
Would be awesome if the men on their way home could make a pit stop tomorrow to watch the women's game. I know the NCAA won't allow it, just like they wouldn't allow Louisville to do it last year, but it would be cool to have both teams win it to be able to celebrate together (assuming of course the women beat ND) the way they started out the season together at First Night.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Really proud of this team...Those diaper dandies from Kentucky were not to be trifled with...they were over the top athletic but alas they were young and the Huskies were more experienced. They made foul shots and Kentucky missed them it was that simple. Kromah had ice water in his veins when he shot those last two foul shots. Griffey made some clutch shots...Boatright toughed it out and made some nice short-range jumpers when we needed them. Shabazz was the man...hit some big threes played solid the whole game...made a few mistakes but luckily it worked out for us. Congrats to Ollie...all I can say is WOW! Proud to be a Husky fan right now. Hopefully the women can complete the job tomorrow night and overcome the luck of the Irish...

Reaction Score
He said about a half dozen times, "can I get your attention please, if I don't have your attention, can I have it now." It got quiet and then he yelled "this is what happens when you ban us and we have two years to work hard" or something to that effect. The NCAA president Mark Emmert was standing about five feet away as he had just handed the trophy to Coach Ollie. Basically an in your face moment, and well deserved in my opinion the way they sanctioned this program causing Calhoun to retire and players to leave.
Shabazz live on ESPN right now, explaining these remarks. Said he was trying to think of something to say during the game, because he knew they were going to win and he would need to say something.

Reaction Score
Boatright: "If you get physical with us we're going to get physical right back."

Reaction Score
Question for everyone, would a win by a 7th seeded over an 8th be called an upset?

Reaction Score
Question for everyone, would a win by a 7th seeded over an 8th be called an upset?
Not a big one, but in this case the media all thought Kentucky was mis-seeded and should have been a 4

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
The seeds meant nothing in the Championship game. Those seeds were based on how teams played during the season...both these team hit their stride during the post season and neither team was playing at the level they were seeded. UConn beat a #10, #4, #3, #2, #1 and a vastly under seeded #8 seed in winning its championship. Only the second #7 seed to ever win the NCAA Championship...Virginia being the only other one.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Really proud of them considering they couldn't participate in the Dance last year through no fault of their own, and most of the players they competed against tonight will be pros within 2 years.
Don't you mean two weeks?!:rolleyes::cool:

Reaction Score
Your turn………and I love the Muffet Geno controversy…….perfect setting!

Capitol of the College Basketball World back at it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
"Somebody told me we were Cinderellas, and I was like, no, we're UConn," coach Kevin Ollie said. "This is what we do. We are born for this. We're bred to cut down nets. We're not chasing championships. Championships are chasing us."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom