UConn-Marquette BEast tourney postgame presser | The Boneyard

UConn-Marquette BEast tourney postgame presser

Reaction Score
I think Megan is both a really good coach and very articulate.
Duffy's communication skills, attention to detail, and class are top end. I'd love to see what she could do with some top 5 level talent if she ever gets to a school that along with her could attract it. There may be a good sized payday coming for her at some point down the road.

Reaction Score
Coach Duffy is so gracious and such a class act. One of the very, very few ex Irish players I actually like.
She is rumored to be Minnesota’s first choice for their vacancy. If she took it and brought her players with her, they would instantly be competitive in the the Big 10. Hopefully it doesn’t happen; it would be a major blow to the Big East. She is a fantastic coach.

Reaction Score
Somebody had one job, put the nameplates in front of the correct people. GEEZ!

Reaction Score
Nothing but respect for Megan Duffy. She seems like a really talented and knowledgable coach. I'm sure her kids love playing for her. She is always extremely gracious in regards to our team and coach, in wins and in loses. Wishing her only the best (except against us of course).

Again tonight, from the things Geno said in the presser, it just becomes more and more obvious how important Nika has been this season. She is definitely not the most skilled player on the team but it seems there is no-one more impactful on how this team performs ( both good and bad - as exemplified by Geno's comments about her at the time on and around the loss to Marquette and conversely how her, for the most part unwavering,self confidence/attitude is infectious with her teammates).

As good/great as so many of our players are individually, I would posit that, with the full rooster available, any player that is not named Nika could have a really bad game or stretch and others could step up to offset it. We certainly may not do as well but we could find ways to adjust and make things work. This season, I don't think we can do that if Nika is in a really bad place. I'm not talking about her being off some in a game - that, we could and have covered.

In an earlier recent presser he talked about the team having a really bad week or so at one point this season, which he revisited with tonights comments about how Nika was bad for that period around the Marquette loss and how that impacted/was reflected by the entire team. Thankfully, that is in the rearview mirror, and going into the post season she and the entire team are in a really great place.

She certainly appears to have a pretty significant impact for a kid that a lot of Boneyarders didn't expect much from this year.

Reaction Score
Nika can go to the basket and lately she has been doing it more often. With Azzi back and Lou still hitting her shots I think she will do it more and draw in the defense and get her team some open looks on some threes. Once the three ball starts falling this offense will be scoring way more than their defense will allow the opponent to score. It does all start with Nika.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Duffy's communication skills, attention to detail, and class are top end. I'd love to see what she could do with some top 5 level talent if she ever gets to a school that along with her could attract it. There may be a good sized payday coming for her at some point down the road.
Um, she is being paid like a P5 school coach and more than most in that category actuall. She needs to continue to “up” her recruiting and to “up” her schedule. Marquette played 5 Quad4 teams which is atrociou. She was also only 4-10 in Quad1 games so to me she has more work to do at Marquette who seems to be throwing all their support behind her. Now, contrast her against Denise Dillon who is in year 3 ar Villanova and has done an even better job. Granted Denise inherited Siegrist but Maddie has stayed and continued to improve. Denise has also recruited pretty well with some other players who are on the verge of stardom-Olsen/Dolce. She too needs to “up” her schedule as she played 4 Quad4 teams but she was 8-5 against Quad1.
Yes, Duffy is likeable, articulate and gracious, but she is not a “shoo-in” to be successfu at an elite WCBB school. I am very happy that Marquette is paying her a top salary and i do hope she continues to build this program into a perennial NCAAT. It is kind of strange actually liking someone from the MM “chip on my shoulder” coaching tree. :eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom