UConn Jerseys | The Boneyard

UConn Jerseys

Status
Not open for further replies.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Well with that Tweet I'm going broke. I made the statement a few weeks ago that I'm now collecting UConn jerseys.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
dang ... the only thing saving me from going broke is jerseys aren't as practical ... shorts really kill me, cuz I can buy 50 pair of those. But Kemba, Shabazz, Ray jerseys? I'm gonna have to invest in SOMETHING...

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
As someone who is... let's say not athletically toned... I'd rather just wear a t-shirt with a player's name and number on the back than a basketball jersey.

Reaction Score
dang ... the only thing saving me from going broke is jerseys aren't as practical ... shorts really kill me, cuz I can buy 50 pair of those. But Kemba, Shabazz, Ray jerseys? I'm gonna have to invest in SOMETHING...
That's the smart choice, I never wear jerseys but I just keep buying the UConn ones that come out. Maybe I'll hang them up in a room once I buy a house

Reaction Score
That's the smart choice, I never wear jerseys but I just keep buying the UConn ones that come out. Maybe I'll hang them up in a room once I buy a house
I'll sometimes wear my Rip Hamilton over a sweatshirt at games, but I may buy some more and have them framed. I want to try to send them to the player and have it autographed...I bet they would do it

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
I hate how they are doing this through Retro Brand. It certainly could just be a preference thing on my end, but I think the quality/fit of the jersey is awful. They remind me of High School basketball jerseys.

I would much prefer that they continued releasing the throwback Nike stuff like they’ve done with Rip and KEA

Reaction Score
I would much prefer that they continued releasing the throwback Nike stuff like they’ve done with Rip and KEA
The KEA jersey just released by Nike was kinda junk too. How about Nike releases a full authentic era jersey with stitched letter numbers and badges. At least Retro brand has stitched on letters, but I agree they look cheap.

Reaction Score
These jerseys are all 95 to 135 on the site, I’d expect good quality for those prices!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That Rudy Gay one is straight fire.
RIP Rick Majerus
816AFE15-E50F-4922-8EF1-E3DC7CFB16A9.jpeg

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Those look like the cheap knock offs you could just order from any site today. The font is off for all the typeface is off for the school name, player name and numbers.

Reaction Score
Those look like the cheap knock offs you could just order from any site today. The font is off for all the typeface is off for the school name, player name and numbers.
I bought the “retro brand” Kemba jersey the other day from fanatics. The quality is the same as you would get a Nike jersey. The jersey however is not exactly the same as the 2010-2011 season. There are minor differences. Font size and a different pattern on the side as opposed to a stripe going down. Same goes for these jerseys. They aren’t exactly the same. Don’t know why they would do a reimagining of a retro jersey but that’s what they did apparently. They’re still cool though and I’m gonna cop that Rudy one.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I bought the “retro brand” Kemba jersey the other day from fanatics. The quality is the same as you would get a Nike jersey. The jersey however is not exactly the same as the 2010-2011 season. There are minor differences. Font size and a different pattern on the side as opposed to a stripe going down. Same goes for these jerseys. They aren’t exactly the same. Don’t know why they would do a reimagining of a retro jersey but that’s what they did apparently. They’re still cool though and I’m gonna cop that Rudy one.

Of the three the Rudy one looks the closest to what they actually wore. The Caron one is laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom