UConn heading toward another "quantum leap" expansion. | The Boneyard

UConn heading toward another "quantum leap" expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Legislature overwhelmingly supports bill giving UCONN 2 billion(as in BILLION) dollars over the next decade for expansion in Storrs, moving the Hartford campus downtown etc.,etc.etc.. All I can say is BRAVO!!! We love UCONN athletics especially hoops but I have always felt the University should be a shining academic light. The transformation started through the efforts of John Rowland and the legislature with UCONN 2000 and continues in a huge way with this new legislation. Since UCONN 2000 was a 20 year,$2.3 billion program, I'm not sure how the overlap comes into play. The article linked here doesn't address that.My kids are both UCONN grads(Wildlife Biology & English/Creative Writing) and both are enjoying great careers in teaching and public relations. I never miss an opportunity to shine a light on this great university.

UCONN continues to grow

GO HUSKIES!!!
images

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The Universities future is in academics. Not because sports will die, but only because that's where the real growth opportunities are. Basketball was part of the backbone/launch pad, but the future is in research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom