#UConn has offered 2015 Donovan Mitchell out of Canterbury per his coach | The Boneyard

#UConn has offered 2015 Donovan Mitchell out of Canterbury per his coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He is really good, I hope Ollie and staff are all over him, we want this kid in a Husky jersey.

Reaction Score
PC offered, seems like he are always fighting for recruits :-}

Reaction Score
Is it just me, but is UConn offering to a lot of guys lately? I wish they would concentrate on specific players, for certain needs for the team. I've not heard of this kid. I know they can develop over the year in High School, but I'd rather offer to a few more proven kids. We'll have lots of holes to fill after next season, in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Is it just me, but is UConn offering to a lot of guys lately? I wish they would concentrate on specific players, for certain needs for the team. I've not heard of this kid. I know they can develop over the year in High School, but I'd rather offer to a few more proven kids. We'll have lots of holes to fill after next season, in my opinion.
Just because you've never heard of him doesn't mean he isn't good, my guess is Mitchell looks like Wade did at this stage in their development, kid has a chance to be a star.

Reaction Score

I would imagine this is what they're doing, they know a little bit more about building a team than you do...

Reaction Score

UConn has offered a lot of the top talent in 2015:

Ivan Rabb, Stephen Zimmerman, Tyler Dorsey, Elijah Thomas, Bennie Boatwright and more. Now whether UConn lands any of those players is another question. But they have been reaching out to a lot of proven players. Also, we are talking about sophomores at this point. All the unproven players still have a lot of time to step their game up. It's good that UConn is jumping on some of these players early.

Reaction Score
We have a lot of offers out there. With some exceptions, it is first to commit. Sometimes the coaches can use multiple offers to create movement to get a committment from their top targets.
What happens if you only offer to a few top kids and don't get one?If they are our targets they are also likely the targets of a dozen good programs. The coaches really don't have any choice but to cast a wide net.

Reaction Score
He is really good, I hope Ollie and staff are all over him, we want this kid in a Husky jersey.
Have you seen him play John or any additional info?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I think we lead the nation in offers made but have the lowest conversion rate. Why offer kids that are two or three years away from college? They never accept early offers and they have too much time to change their minds. We should only offer the cream of the crop and hopefully snag a couple.

Reaction Score
I would imagine this is what they're doing, they know a little bit more about building a team than you do...

Donovan Mitchell, Class of 2015 PG from Canterbury HS (CT), has received interest from Villanova, Yale, Bucknell, and Harvard. Offers from Iona & PC.

Reaction Score
Donovan Mitchell, Class of 2015 PG from Canterbury HS (CT), has received interest from Villanova, Yale, Bucknell, and Harvard. Offers from Iona & PC.
But your forgetting some interest from UNC and Kansas.

Reaction Score
Calipari gets all the top recruits cuz he is all over these kids when they are in middle school. Early offers are a good thing.

Reaction Score
Just because you've never heard of him doesn't mean he isn't good, my guess is Mitchell looks like Wade did at this stage in their development, kid has a chance to be a star.

Let's slow down with the Wade comparisons. I was just saying there's not much info on this kid. Best I can find is he's about a 2 Star recruit, which is why I said, I know some kids can develop at different rates.

Reaction Score
I think we lead the nation in offers made but have the lowest conversion rate. Why offer kids that are two or three years away from college? They never accept early offers and they have too much time to change their minds. We should only offer the cream of the crop and hopefully snag a couple.

That's a page out of Gary Williams' playbook. Couldn't understand why UConn got him. Calhoun offered Gay before his Sophomore year.

Reaction Score
We've already seen video of this kid. People were raving about him.

Everyone looks great in their videos. Do you think they'd post footage of them playing poorly? If he's good, that's great. There's just not anything I can find on him, recruiting sights don't even have profiles for him yet. Hopefully he develops into something good. I'd like to think UConn should be concentrating on 2014 commitments. They've already have offers out to like 10+ SGs. Let's see who commits for 2014.

Reaction Score

As its been pointed out, he's received interest from some bigger schools, and also, HE'S A SOPHOMORE, he has two more summers to impress on the AAU circuit, lets see where he stands a couple years from now. There was a time when UConn and Rhode Island were the two biggest schools recruiting Facey, then he blew up and the bigger schools came after him. You think the time UConn put in early before anyone else played a factor in him committing to UConn? He even said as much.

Reaction Score
But your forgetting some interest from UNC and Kansas.

Couldn't find anything on UNC or Kansas showing interest or offers, but share where you found it.

Reaction Score
I have seen some good video of him but haven't seen him in person. I know someone who teaches at Canterbury and knows the game very well and he says the kid has star potential at the College level. The kid is a major athlete and looks to have the build where he will only get more muscular and explosive, I saw an alleyoop by him that you would rarely see from a College kid let alone a soph in high school. My friend says a lot of the big schools are inquiring about him, my guess is he's not big on the national recruiting lists yet because Canterbury has never been a basketball school. He is from NYC but has fit in really well at the rural Canterbury campus, He won the tri-state league player of the year and averaged 23 ppg.

Reaction Score
As its been pointed out, he's received interest from some bigger schools, and also, HE'S A SOPHOMORE, he has two more summers to impress on the AAU circuit, lets see where he stands a couple years from now. There was a time when UConn and Rhode Island were the two biggest schools recruiting Facey, then he blew up and the bigger schools came after him. You think the time UConn put in early before anyone else played a factor in him committing to UConn? He even said as much.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with interest in the kid. He's class of 2015. We already have numerous offers out to some very good SGs for 2014. Let's see where that plays out first is bascially my point before offering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom