UConn Freshmen/Commits: C. Collier, Coombs, AEH, Gordon, Walker | Page 37 | The Boneyard

UConn Freshmen/Commits: C. Collier, Coombs, AEH, Gordon, Walker

Reaction Score
Geno is always hardest on the best, so sometimes you have to take what he says about the stars of stars with a grain or 2 of salt. However, in serious moments about the Maya who arrived at Storrs, Geno was dead serious about her not knowing how to play the game and her stunning athleticism bailed her out more often than not.

If Maya didn't know the game---Geno recruit more like her--- Her frosh year she was a distance shooter--rarely went to the basket--and as all frosh, didn't live up to Geno's defensive expectations.
KML was much the same, not at the same level and not as athletic, a distance shooter who learned to shoot from all over and became a Baskeball player (all around), I fear the same fate is what became of Maya.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I'm catching a lot of heat from Teddy Roosevelt fans..... :rolleyes:
I'm pretty sure Teddy landed on Mt, Rushmore because he created the national park system or the park service or both.

Of course UConn's Mt,Rushmore has way too many candidates. If you've never been to Mt. Rushmore, I found it more imposing than I thought I would. And if you take the walking trail below it, you get many different angles including a few where only one or two of the scuptures can be seen.

Reaction Score
I also hope this class will stay together and achieve great things at UConn, but I think it's something of a stretch to compare them to the Big 3. Stewie, Mo & Tuck were ranked 1,2 & 6 their senior yr in HS. This class is ranked 1, 13, 16 & 29. While I'm not necessarily married to HS rankings as the ultimate determinant on how well a player will do in college, the 2012 class was the best ever recruited IMO by ranking and by success on the court once they arrived in Storrs.

Another factor is that this class is entirely made up of guards & wings, while the 2012 class had 2 dominant front court players to go along with an incredibly talented pg. In that sense, the 2012 class was more balanced.

With that said, UConn will be loaded with talent for the next several years, and if Geno and his staff can pursuade players like ONO, Brunelle & Boston to matriculate to Storrs, the 2017 class will leave Storrs in 4 years with tremendous success in their own right.

Reaction Score
I also hope this class will stay together and achieve great things at UConn, but I think it's something of a stretch to compare them to the Big 3. Stewie, Mo & Tuck were ranked 1,2 & 6 their senior yr in HS. This class is ranked 1, 13, 16 & 29. While I'm not necessarily married to HS rankings as the ultimate determinant on how well a player will do in college, the 2012 class was the best ever recruited IMO by ranking and by success on the court once they arrived in Storrs.

Another factor is that this class is entirely made up of guards & wings, while the 2012 class had 2 dominant front court players to go along with an incredibly talented pg. In that sense, the 2012 class was more balanced.

With that said, UConn will be loaded with talent for the next several years, and if Geno and his staff can pursuade players like ONO, Brunelle & Boston to matriculate to Storrs, the 2017 class will leave Storrs in 4 years with tremendous success in their own right.

Thanks for the Highlighted sentence.
Emotionally I am bonded to the Sue, Swin, Tamika, Walters, Asia (I always misspell her)--add DT and I was in seventh heaven and saw many of their games at Gampel or the Hartford Civic.
Yet, there is no denying the 4 easily won National Championships Tuck, Moriah, Stew won--
I emotionally think Sue is the greatest PG, but Moriah exceeded her in all except career wins (at this point), Swin ran like a graceful antilope--but so does Gabby--now size for size Tamika and Shea Ralph, Asia were more than decent rebounders---Tuck , not much more to say--rebounded
Notice I didn't actually pick either team---when I love I love strong..

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Thanks for the Highlighted sentence.
Emotionally I am bonded to the Sue, Swin, Tamika, Walters, Asia (I always misspell her)--add DT and I was in seventh heaven and saw many of their games at Gampel or the Hartford Civic.
Yet, there is no denying the 4 easily won National Championships Tuck, Moriah, Stew won--
I emotionally think Sue is the greatest PG, but Moriah exceeded her in all except career wins (at this point), Swin ran like a graceful antilope--but so does Gabby--now size for size Tamika and Shea Ralph, Asia were more than decent rebounders---Tuck , not much more to say--rebounded
Notice I didn't actually pick either team---when I love I love strong..
I have no argument with picking Sue, Swin et al ahead of Stewie's class. My point was directed at a comment that suggested the current freshmen class might be the best ever.

Reaction Score
I have no argument with picking Sue, Swin et al ahead of Stewie's class. My point was directed at a comment that suggested the current freshmen class might be the best ever.
My Momma raised no fools (ok, one or two)--So I would not disagree with that assessment.
At this point I can't say I dislike any of them---Walker, because she lives around the corner (if you drive 70 miles) is another emotional gift to WBB. But I too found it difficult to NOT think Stew, Moriah, Tuck and great company can ever be replicated--at least not soon. I tried hard NOT to select 2000 over 2012---or visa-versa--like do you love your wife or you mother more?? Either will get you shot.
Thanks for clearing up my understanding--or lack thereof. Thanks.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Just a thought - as a "group" project or undertaking if you will, I would like to see the BY collective come up with a name for our 4 freshmen. They seem to want a name for themselves. I'm sorry, (and I know I'm only 1 person) but the Fantastic Four just does not work for me. It's already being used, and has been for over 56 years. The group debuted in The Fantastic Four #1 (cover dated Nov. 1961). We have too many brilliant and creative minds here in the Nation, not to be able to come up with something that is not only "unique", to these 4 young women, but descriptive as well. A name that will describe the foursome to a tee. No hurry on this. We can let their play during the course of the season get our creative juices flowing, and give us some ideas. Perhaps we can have something by the end of the regular season. :rolleyes:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Just a thought - as a "group" project or undertaking if you will, I would like to see the BY collective come up with a name for our 4 freshmen. They seem to want a name for themselves. I'm sorry, (and I know I'm only 1 person) but the Fantastic Four just does not work for me. It's already being used, and has been for over 56 years. The group debuted in The Fantastic Four #1 (cover dated Nov. 1961). We have too many brilliant and creative minds here in the Nation, not to be able to come up with something that is not only "unique", to these 4 young women, but descriptive as well. A name that will describe the foursome to a tee. No hurry on this. We can let their play during the course of the season get our creative juices flowing, and give us some ideas. Perhaps we can have something by the end of the regular season. :rolleyes:
It's a little difficult to assign a nickname to a group of freshmen before they've stepped on the court where they will presumably "earn" a nickname, but owing to their youthful exuberance, I have a couple suggestions for, shall we say, a "preliminary" nickname:
  • The Pups
  • The Baby Huskies
  • The Future Four

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It's a little difficult to assign a nickname to a group of freshmen before they've stepped on the court where they will presumably "earn" a nickname, but owing to their youthful exuberance, I have a couple suggestions for, shall we say, a "preliminary" nickname:
  • The Pups
  • The Baby Huskies
  • The Future Four
How about 'The Beatles' (50th anniversary of St. Pepper's coming up, so why not!) :eek:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
  • The Pups
  • The Baby Huskies
  • The Future Four

The "Focused" Four

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
The Quintessential Quartet. Q2 for short.

Reaction Score
Momma is justifiably proud of her little girl, as she should be. But we can only allow Momma a couple of days enjoying Lexi once she's back home, and then Momma has to get back to work persuading that young lady in Arkansas to join her little girl in Storrs. :)
Boy that should not be much of an effort to get elder daughter to go to Uconn--the problem may be --Geno???

Reaction Score
No left hand?

I'm sure she can develop one at Uconn, she can hit from midrange, 3, and score facing up or with her back to the basket, looks like she'll be a really good scorer.

Reaction Score
I'm sure she can develop one at UConn, she can hit from midrange, 3, and score facing up or with her back to the basket, looks like she'll be a really good scorer.
When Svetlana got to Uconn she had no off hand either---if required, it will be developed.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Boy that should not be much of an effort to get elder daughter to go to UConn--the problem may be --Geno???
I was referring to Christyn Williams, not Lexi's younger sister.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
b56.jpg
lol, I hear you but let me provide @vtcwbuff some cover by saying I hate the selfie tongue as well.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The Quintessential Quartet. Q2 for short.

We can think outside the box on this one. The word "four" does not necessarily have to be in the their moniker.

I have no doubt that sometime between November and the end of February, someone will come up with a name for them that will win (and be adopted) hands down. :cool:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What I don't like about it is it smacks of the mind set of a certain bunch at North Carolina a while back, led by you know who. They are the new kids on the block on a TEAM. I don't think it is a mind set, just a handle they have adopted for on-line fun, pure and simple.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom