UConn freshman Stephon Castle expected to soon declare for NBA Draft: 'What a lottery pick looks like' | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn freshman Stephon Castle expected to soon declare for NBA Draft: 'What a lottery pick looks like'

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Depends on your definition of worked out. Team success wise, they’ve been dreadful. Money wise, James Borrego turned Kemba into all NBA player and helped get him a max contract, so that definitely worked out. I get the hesitation tho. New ownrership, team structure, GM, & coach all incoming for the Hornets, we’ll see if they can get it going in the right direction. I actually think Steph alongside LaMelo & Brandon Miller makes a lot of sense. Hard to deny the spurs piece tho and getting to play with Wemby.

See, when they got picked it all looked good in theory. I’m just scarred. But yeah, I’m a Hornets fan if they draft him.

Reaction Score
**James Borrego. Kembas career year came under his coaching, leading to all NBA status & a max deal from the Celtics.
meh to each their own, Kemba had already been a 2x AS prior to Borrego being named coach and had been steadily improving each year, I think the jump was a natural progression. shooting numbers were pretty much identical across the board, he just had a slight tick in volume in the All-NBA year, that could be a product of Borrego's offense but I was never high on him as a coach.

Reaction Score
meh to each their own, Kemba had already been a 2x AS prior to Borrego being named coach and had been steadily improving each year, I think the jump was a natural progression. shooting numbers were pretty much identical across the board, he just had a slight tick in volume in the All-NBA year, that could be a product of Borrego's offense but I was never high on him as a coach at both of his stops.
Natural progression for sure and obviously Cliff played a big role in developing him no doubt. Borregos offense was just so much better and helped get the ball in his hands more, leading to his best offensive output in his career. Borrego was a good coach. Dragging that awful team to 43 wins and then getting fired was such a Hornets thing to do. If another UConn player ends up on the team, hopefully with MJ now gone as an owner will help in some capacity make this an actual NBA franchise.

Reaction Score
NBADraftRoom has Castle going at 5 to the Hornets.

What kind of sick world?

Honestly, if him or Clingan gets told they are are going to Charlotte I honestly think they’d be better off coming back for another year.

There should be some type of waiver where if Charlotte says they will draft you (especially if a UConn player), you should be able to go back to college even if past the deadline.

FML if one of them goes there.
Was it Steve Francis that straight up said he would not show up if Vancouver drafted him? Not 100% on the player but def was the Vancouver Grizzlies (RIP)

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
We really need Hornets, Wizards, Pistons, Blazers, Hawks to avoid getting our guys. These teams are straight trash.

Obviously Spurs would be ideal. Would love love love Castle or Clingan with Wemby.
Rockets (they own the Nets pick) have a bright future too
OKC (has rockets pick) would be most ideal but can't see either of our guys falling to 12-14
Not thrilled about Jazz but they have talent and cap space
Washington is a reset. New management. Seem to be a bunch of professionals at this point.

Reaction Score
I had my doubts he’d be a lottery pick early in the season after coming back from the injury. He showed some flashes of ability but I thought he’d be like a lot of 5 stars that simply aren’t one and done lottery picks.

The kid simply took off and his all around game was a joy to watch. BE FOY more times than Melo, a key piece of a stacked championship team as a freshman, defensive nightmare for opposing teams, and an excellent teammate and person.

Lucky to have had him. Looking forward to following a hopefully long NBA career.
I had my doubts too in the sense i thought the injuries were going to hold him back but he got healthy and took off. Hes going to be terrific at the next level. Best pro we`ve put in the league in years but watch out for DC. If he ever develops a consistent jumper he could be a 20/10 guy.

Reaction Score
I really think that any teams that pass on Castle in the draft are really going to regret it. He is a sure thing eventual NBA starter and believe he can turn into a Jimmy Butler like player. He has all the tools, plays both ends, and is just a dog out there. Gonna miss watching him play. What a player.

Reaction Score
No. But he’s gonna get paid like he is. And cous never won a natty
Indeed, this particular plumber did win the 1947 championship as a member of Holy Cross. An 8-team tournament in which he beat Oklahoma in the title game.

I'm sure Bill Simmons has a book on it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom