UConn Football is Dead | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn Football is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty....

I view Diaco as Oddball and some of us posters as Moriarty.

Reaction Score
I hear you, but its hard to look at this b.s..... Seriously.... Watching with hope that your team show improvement on the scoreboard ad the season goes on as opposed to improving from one play to the next by each game that passes. Its tough to take. Regardless I still bleed UConn Husky blue...

Thank God my Dallas Cowboys are playing well.. I still have decent football to watch on the weekends this year...

I was just thinking about the Cowboys when writing reading this post. They are my team in the NFL and over the last few years they have been horrible, the offensive line has sucked, Garrett's decisions have been questionable at best and his game management has been horrible. They couldn't stop a high school teams offense last year. A lot of those things seem very similar to UConn at this point (not necessarily the defense). Jason Garrett was on the hot seat the last few years, but he continued to talk about his process and that it will pay results in the end. I didn't believe him after last year, I almost gave up hope. They dropped their "5 star players" and brought in people who fit the mold of the team. Other teams cast offs, a bunch of guys no one wanted, but guys that fit Garrett's "right kind of guy" philosophy. In a league where passing has become everything, they went with old school ground and pound, just the opposite of everyone else. They don't do anything fancy on defense either. It's still early this year, but it does seem that waiting for the Garrett's process to work its way though was worth it. Maybe even 3 months ago, it seemed the Cowboys were desperate, picking up Roland Mclain and they didn't have the players to do anything special, with coach who was in over his head. Right now everyone would say it looks exactly the opposite.

Because of that experience, I won't judge Diaco for quite a long time to come. It's not his fault that conference alignment has put us in a bad spot, and rebuilding this team comes at a bad time. It's unfortunate that UConn is in the position it is, but I think giving Diaco some time to work on his process and not get too overly bent out of shape is the best way to go for me. I definitely know that everyone feels UConn is in a desperate situation time wise for all this to happen, but from what I know in life, feeling desperate, and taking actions based on that is the only sure fire way not to accomplish what you had planned to. Conference re alignment will come again, the timing is something up for debate. I do know this though, giving Diaco more than a few games before I panic is something I will surely do. You can't do much to change what has happened and you can't predict what will happen in the future, but what you can do is take reasonable action, with a plan in hand and execute that to the best of your ability. It seems from the outside that Warde, Susan, and Diaco are doing just that. So for now, I am hopeful and not willing to feel bad about the direction of the school and football program, no matter how bad it looks on the surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom