UCONN/DUKE Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UCONN/DUKE Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
It wouldn't be so close if Duke's free throw defense wasn't so good !

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Duke's size is definitely bothering the team. How many of the 11 turnovers were in the low post area. Forcing passes into the low post or hands of stone amongst the Duke bigs. Was glad to see Geno managed Kia's time once she got into foul trouble. Can't afford for her to foul out of the game. She'll make something happen with her drives to the basket during crunch time.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Washington Huskies are beating Texas A&M at the half 40-22.

Reaction Score
Why do we pass into double and triple coverage like that?
I think that we did a great job of playing defense though I think we did a great job of throwing sloppy passes and trying to force things that didn't need to be. We've really helped Duke staying in the game with our sloppiness. We had how many turnovers in the first half and a good portion had nothing to do with Duke's defense. I have to concede that I saw some stellar plays by a couple of the Duke freshmen and I also thought Elizabeth Williams looked better than I have ever seen against the Huskies. Not overtly good but far better than in previous games. We're playing far too fast but thanks to our defensive pressure, we've managed a seven point halftime lead.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
We're good even when we're bad. duke would be up by 15 on anybody else. They aren't

I think it's more accurate to say that so far we are less bad than Duke

Reaction Score
I'm sensing Coach P will have to burn a timeout before the under-16.

Reaction Score
Worked really hard on that sequence defensively only to come away with committing the foul. Was Mo caught by Meghan Culmo on the sideline? Also thought I saw Maria Conlon sitting next to Sue Bird?

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Was that Megan that Moriah ran into in the crowd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom