UConn/Cuse 12-05 at MSG | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn/Cuse 12-05 at MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There are people on Syracusefan that are LEGITIMATELY DISAPPOINTED that Syracuse wants to play old Big East rivals at neutral sites, because the new players "only know big games being against Duke and UNC". Ever heard of TV? Ever heard of appealing to the NYC market? Ever heard of revenue?They are so far up on their little pony high horse it makes me want to puke. What the hell do they smoke up there?

And they are ragging on our recruiting as our best player is "just another midget guard" (WHICH OH BY THE WAY YOU F*KBOYS RECRUITED). Yeah, we keep recruiting midget guards because they help us win National Championships, you dinguses. And then writing off the rest of our 4 star recruits as "whatevers" when all they have next year are 2 4 star recruits.

Someone ban me from going over to that cesspool again.
4>1
If they had any brains they would want this game. Their win over UConn was a nice win for them last year and helped them make the NCAA tournament so they could go on their "magical" run despite a 71 RPI or whatever.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Rothstein reporting that we play at Ohio State Saturday 12/10. Big week of basketball early on.
Damn, that's a loaded 3 weeks of bball early in the season.

week 1: LA road game and Maui
week 2: cupcakes most likely
week 3: Cuse @MSG and @OSU

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Damn, that's a loaded 3 weeks of bball early in the season.

week 1: LA road game and Maui
week 2: cupcakes most likely
week 3: Cuse @MSG and @OSU
@Gtown as well, although could be in Jan again.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
They actually set the exact dates when the contract was signed in 2014 (which is rare). The game @Gtown is January 21, 2017.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
I can't think very many other power schools will be playing 3 true road games in non-conference much less a non-con neutral game too. Granted OSU and GTown need to be better than last year for them to be quality wins, but still, 3 true road games in a year is a bit crazy.

Reaction Score
RPI-wise it's shaping up to be an excellent schedule, especially if they avoid the obvious, worst-of-the-worst cupcakes like CCSU.

However I suspect people are not going to be particularly pleased with the home schedule. They have either 5 or 6 home slots to fill. Given the difficulty of the games we already know about, I'd be mildly surprised if more than one home game is a "marquee" team.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Rothstein reporting that we play at Ohio State Saturday 12/10. Big week of basketball early on.
But Syracusefan.com says we are just a mid-major and Ohio State is not a very good program :confused:

Reaction Score

FYI as I posted this elsewhere, if anyone is thinking of hiking it to DC for the G-Town game, book a hotel early as the game is taking place during inauguration week.

C

Chief00

Obviously, this game is a great idea.

However, what should be priority number one is the home schedule. Due to our conference, ticket sales are a larger part of our revenue
than P5 schools who have larger TV contract revenue. Additionally, season ticket-holders are our customers and they need to be given respect not cupcake games. Given our strong away and neutral court OOC games, I am VERY concerned we won't put the home OOC filter on to have at least two elite games.

Reaction Score
Obviously, this game is a great idea.

However, what should be priority number one is the home schedule. Due to our conference, ticket sales are a larger part of our revenue
than P5 schools who have larger TV contract revenue. Additionally, season ticket-holders are our customers and they need to be given respect not cupcake games. Given our strong away and neutral court OOC games, I am VERY concerned we won't put the home OOC filter on to have at least two elite games.

It's definitely not looking good so far. I see Cincinnati and SMU being the 2 biggest games this year. On at XL the other st Gampel. I believe we knew about georgetown and Ohio st by this time last year.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Jonathan Givony‏@DraftExpress
Malachi Richardson will not participate in the NBA Combine 5 on 5 games (wasn't required to by NBA). Will only do drills. Good sign for him.

People on Twitter saying this may be a bad sign for Cuse fans wanting Richardson to return.
SA8D3l9.gif

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I honestly don't care and I don't think it should affect how we feel about that game.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
It doesnt effect the game one bit for me. It just makes me tingle in my loins when cuse fans experience discomfort.
Agreed. I misinterpreted your JC gif, I thought you were overjoyed that we didn't have to play him.

I just think this news is hilarious because it seems lately whenever the Orange get a player worth a d**n he is gone at the first flash of potential in his freshman year, leaving them with a major case of blue balls year after year. First it was Carter-Williams, then Ennis, and now Richardson LOL! Reminds me of their meltdown thread back when we went to the FF in '14 and they were all asking "how come UConn ALWAYS has better players than us?", and the overwhelming majority of answers came to the realization that it's because our guys actually want to stay here while theirs bolt at the first chance to go fail in the NBA because they never learned to play a real Defense (I added the defense part myself).

Reaction Score
Agreed. I misinterpreted your JC gif, I thought you were overjoyed that we didn't have to play him.

I just think this news is hilarious because it seems lately whenever the Orange get a player worth a d**n he is gone at the first flash of potential in his freshman year, leaving them with a major case of blue balls year after year. First it was Carter-Williams, then Ennis, and now Richardson LOL! Reminds me of their meltdown thread back when we went to the FF in '14 and they were all asking "how come UConn ALWAYS has better players than us?", and the overwhelming majority of answers came to the realization that it's because our guys actually want to stay here while theirs bolt at the first chance to go fail in the NBA because they never learned to play a real Defense (I added the defense part myself).
Hell, even their Athletic Director was a one-and-done.

He's leaving Syracuse for Minnesota after just 11 months on the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom