UConn commit Isaiah Abraham | The Boneyard

UConn commit Isaiah Abraham

Reaction Score

UConn commit Isaiah Abraham leads the way.

Paul XI has looked like an immovable force through the first two rounds of this tournament. With top 20 senior and Duke commit Patrick Ngongba out, Isaiah Abraham stepped up offensively and did a lot of the same things that he has done to get to this point of his career. Abraham took on the responsibility of guarding Bryson Tucker, lead the team in rebounding and made all the hustle plays. Abraham might not be the biggest offensive threat on the floor but he does everything else which should have UConn fans excited for next season

Reaction Score

Paul XI has looked like an immovable force through the first two rounds of this tournament. With top 20 senior and Duke commit Patrick Ngongba out, Isaiah Abraham stepped up offensively and did a lot of the same things that he has done to get to this point of his career. Abraham took on the responsibility of guarding Bryson Tucker, lead the team in rebounding and made all the hustle plays. Abraham might not be the biggest offensive threat on the floor but he does everything else which should have UConn fans excited for next season

AJax V2?

Reaction Score

Seems like a fair take. He's a 4-year glue guy, and could be really good as a versatile bench piece that doesn't make mistakes.

Ngongba has been out all season. I thought it was going to be a 3-week injury, but I don't know if he's suited up at all.

Reaction Score
he bulked up a bit since his recruitment
His 24/7 profile lists him at 6'7", 195 lbs. Others show him either 180 lbs or 195 lbs.
@QuickDraw is correct. He has definitely put on some weight and it looks like good, lean mass.
By the time he comes to Storrs he may be built like Edmond Saunders.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Think of some of these beastly forwards we’ve dealt with over the last 10 years … this kid already defends, he’s perfect for Hurley. He’ll keep developing skill, he’s a great athlete. I think we trust Hurley to compose the roster properly. So this is exciting, to me.

Reaction Score
Think of some of these beastly forwards we’ve dealt with over the last 10 years … this kid already defends, he’s perfect for Hurley. He’ll keep developing skill, he’s a great athlete. I think we trust Hurley to compose the roster properly. So this is exciting, to me.

This recruitment felt like a Hopkins/Prosper stopper from the beginning--I'm pretty sure I even mentioned it in my first write up. I doubt he's a starter his first couple years, but he could definitely be the guy we put in to shut down an opposing forward and to make transition layups/dunks/wide open 3s. Every team needs a junkyard dog.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
This recruitment felt like a Hopkins/Prosper stopper from the beginning--I'm pretty sure I even mentioned it in my first write up. I doubt he's a starter his first couple years, but he could definitely be the guy we put in to shut down an opposing forward and to make transition layups/dunks/wide open 3s. Every team needs a junkyard dog.

No doubt - AND he’s got loads of athleticism and potential to develop into an offensive threat.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Another Wrench? Vise Grips?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
On yesterday's Tony Kornheiser Pod he had Mike Wilbon on and he was talking about going to watch DC area hoops. Said the best player he saw was Abraham. Better than the kids on his team going to Duke.
He must be the kind of player who's impact is felt outside the traditional box score and scoring averages. Every great team needs those guys,

Reaction Score
You’re one of the few I trust on here when it comes to scouting incoming recruits. I also admittedly have watched him half as much as you. So take no offense to what I’m saying.

I think is gonna surprise some and be a stud. I see an NBA player. I think he’s gonna be pretty good sooner than you think. Could be wrong.

Reaction Score
You’re one of the few I trust on here when it comes to scouting incoming recruits. I also admittedly have watched him half as much as you. So take no offense to what I’m saying.

I think is gonna surprise some and be a stud. I see an NBA player. I think he’s gonna be pretty good sooner than you think. Could be wrong.

Really just depends on his offense. He'll be an elite defender in short order. He's not currently shooting, passing, or handling at a high enough level. He has the frame, athleticism, and the attitude to make the change. Time will tell.

Reaction Score
Kid is goin' to bring it to Storrs.. Love his left hand dexterity to the hoop for a righty

Reaction Score
I watched the finals game. Fun to watch. Long and athletic but wasn’t didn’t get into the flow of their offense

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom