Men - UConn @ Cincinnati Bearcats (Tuesday 5/14/24 @11a @UC Baseball Stadium) Game on ESPN+/MIXLR | The Boneyard

Men UConn @ Cincinnati Bearcats (Tuesday 5/14/24 @11a @UC Baseball Stadium) Game on ESPN+/MIXLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Once again, it will be interesting to see who UConn will have as a starting pitcher in this midweek game.

Reaction Score
Once again, it will be interesting to see who UConn will have as a starting pitcher in this midweek game.
Have to believe this one is going to be a true bullpen game with no one throwing more than 2 or maybe 3 innings. The 3 weekend guys plus Van Emon seem like the only ones currently stretched out enough to give you more than that and I don’t see any of those 4 as viable starters tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Have to believe this one is going to be a true bullpen game with no one throwing more than 2 or maybe 3 innings. The 3 weekend guys plus Van Emon seem like the only ones currently stretched out enough to give you more than that and I don’t see any of those 4 as viable starters tomorrow.
Why the hesitation to give Quinn a start. Last week at NE was a big opportunity to help secure a bid to the tournament. I know he’s valuable out the pen and they don’t want to lose him for a weekend series, but I thought beating NE would weigh more so then a regular season BE title when looking to get in.

Reaction Score
Why the hesitation to give Quinn a start. Last week at NE was a big opportunity to help secure a bid to the tournament. I know he’s valuable out the pen and they don’t want to lose him for a weekend series, but I thought beating NE would weigh more so then a regular season BE title when looking to get in.
I have no hesitation giving him a start, I just don’t think you can pencil him in for more than 2 or 3 innings this game. He just pitched Saturday and Sunday and they probably want him available for the conference series, which is moved up to Thursday-Friday-Saturday this week.

Reaction Score
I have no hesitation giving him a start, I just don’t think you can pencil him in for more than 2 or 3 innings this game. He just pitched Saturday and Sunday and they probably want him available for the conference series, which is moved up to Thursday-Friday-Saturday this week.

Before the season started, I figured that based on his great summer season with Danbury last summer that Quinn would be considered for a starting pitching role with UConn this season, but he got to be one of the big key guys coming out of the bullpen.

With Coe and S. Quigley having used up their eligibility with UConn, there are going to be openings for weekend starting pitchers for next season. It would not surprise me if Quinn gets a shot at being a weekend starter next season.

Reaction Score

-> Cincinnati - It’s hard to believe, but the Bearcats would be in excellent shape to make the NCAA tournament with a series win over Oklahoma at home this upcoming weekend. The Bearcats hit the road over the weekend and swept BYU, thus moving up 14 spots in the RPI to 52. That improving RPI is in combination with a fifth-place standing in the Big 12 — just one game behind ranked Texas with a 16-11 league record. There’s still work to be done here, but impressive work is being done in Cincy. <-

Reaction Score
Before the season started, I figured that based on his great summer season with Danbury last summer that Quinn would be considered for a starting pitching role with UConn this season, but he got to be one of the big key guys coming out of the bullpen.

With Coe and S. Quigley having used up their eligibility with UConn, there are going to be openings for weekend starting pitchers for next season. It would not surprise me if Quinn gets a shot at being a weekend starter next season.
He would be a great candidate however I think there is probably at least a 50/50 shot he gets drafted this year

Reaction Score
Agree completely but I was referring more so to Quinn having pitched against NE. I should have been more clear. Otherwise it would be an opener role rather then an actual Start.

Reaction Score

That’s my point, my just surprised he hasn’t been given that opportunity. The weekend staff have certainly earned their keep the past month but by no means has anyone been that good where Quinn getting a Start would be considered surprising. He’s the most talented pitcher they have.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I almost always operate under the approach that if they're keeping score I want to win. With that said, after yesterday I'm resigned to believe that we need to win the conference tournament to get where we want to be. Anything we do prior to this weekend that may weaken us for this weekend's series would then be a bad thing as the games that we ein against Butler, the better situated we will be in the BE tournament.

I love the idea of going into a B-12 school's home late in the season and beating them but I don't want to use a weekend pitcher in the process (I may be willing to accept a stray inning) as we need them for Butler, for as many innings as reasonably possible.

Reaction Score
Regarding the BE and the NCAA Tournament, I just noticed that Xavier is playing Oklahoma today…idk if this is a collective approach by teams within the conference, but scheduling these type of games (ie today’s game at Cincy) really can’t be understated. I can’t help but root for Xavier today for that reason. I think a win by both schools today will help everyone.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Lets go Ellisen. I have been asking for you. Don't let me down.

Getting this start helps explain why Ellisen came out of the game so quickly on Saturday.

Reaction Score
Top 1st, Shpur leads off with a double. The next 3 UConn batters strikeout for a scoreless inning. No score.

Reaction Score
Bottom 1st, Ellisen has a scoreless inning after a 2 out single. No score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom