Men - UConn @ Butler Bulldogs (Thursday 5/16/24 @3p, Friday 5/17/24 *@Noon* & Saturday 5/18/24 @1p) Games on FloSports/Mixlr | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Men UConn @ Butler Bulldogs (Thursday 5/16/24 @3p, Friday 5/17/24 *@Noon* & Saturday 5/18/24 @1p) Games on FloSports/Mixlr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I don’t remember it, no lol but I think this is the too much mud/grass sloppy condition “normal” of a natural surface field
Watch some old 60’s early 70’s football. They didn’t do much to maintain the grass, especially late in the season. It’s amazing that pros played on that slop.

Reaction Score
Watch some old 60’s early 70’s football. They didn’t do much to maintain the grass, especially late in the season. It’s amazing that pros played on that slop.
You’re right that’s changing the game itself by those conditions the same way I feel turf does today. Agreed slop is a good way to describe it

Reaction Score
I’m trying like heck to listen to Jonesy but it’s impossible. I’m sorry, it is. The background noise every 5 mins with papers rattling, sounds like a mix is being moved around etc etc. WTH. The basketball Program just won back to back Natl Championship’s and the baseball program can’t even get something to sound somewhat professional! It’s a disgrace! And I’m ok stating this.
No, you shouldn’t be o.k. It’s a road game. Jones is broadcasting from the facility that the home teams provide him. How that reflects on UConn is beyond me.

Plus, normally when you check in less than 100 people are listening. The fact that the school is willing to pay anything to broadcast to less than 100 listeners is a gift to the fan base.

Reaction Score
No, you shouldn’t be o.k. It’s a road game. Jones is broadcasting from the facility that the home teams provide him. How that reflects on UConn is beyond me.

Plus, normally when you check in less than 100 people are listening. The fact that the school is willing to pay anything to broadcast to less than 100 listeners is a gift to the fan base.

A device can have more than one listener. For instance, my wife and I both listen to the games.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score

We probably have the biggest base of baseball fans in the BE. Both live and people who listen and watch remotely.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score

Awesome! I thought we still needed one more win, but I guess we have the tiebreaker over SJ!

Celebrate Yahoo GIF

Reaction Score

We can agree to disagree. The school can take it off the air entirely and the ones who are losing is Uconn and the players. I don’t care how many listeners there are, all games being broadcast this season have not been conducted behind bleachers.

I am ok with that.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
We can agree to disagree. The school can take it off the air entirely and the ones who are losing is Uconn and the players. I don’t care how many listeners there are, all games being broadcast this season have not been conducted behind bleachers.

I am ok with that.
I getting further and further away from understanding what your point is. We all want to see/hear the game, regardless of the quality. I will say that the CJ quality has far out done FloSports every time. Having him and Randy together on the home game broadcasts has been great. CJ does the best he can on the road. At home he is great.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
More importantly, Georgetown beat St. John’s 1-0 in Queens tonight. So we’ve clinched a share of the conference title and the #1 seed. One win away from winning the conference championship.

Reaction Score
I getting further and further away from understanding what your point is. We all want to see/hear the game, regardless of the quality. I will say that the CJ quality has far out done FloSports every time. Having him and Randy together on the home game broadcasts has been great. CJ does the best he can on the road. At home he is great.
Go Uconn Bomber! Hoping for a win today. That’s all.

Reaction Score
Top 1st, Shpur with a leadoff double, and Tammaro with a bunt single puts runners on the corners with no out. On a Broadhurst ground ball, Shpur is thrown out at the plate for the 1st out. Morton follows with a 1 out RBI single, 1-0 UConn.

Padilla follows with a 1 out RBI single, 2-0 UConn, runners on the corners.

A double steal brings in another run for UConn Morton scores as Padilla gets into a rundown between 1B and 2B, 3-0 UConn. 2 strikeouts for UConn batters that inning.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Top 2nd, Garbowski with a leadoff single, Simmons follows with a double to put 2 runners in scoring position with no out. A sac fly for the 1st out by Shpur, 4-0 UConn.

Tammaro follows with a 1 out RBI single, 5-0 UConn going to the bottom of the inning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32