UConn begins process for new hotel | The Boneyard

UConn begins process for new hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like the Nathan Hale. Stayed there many times when my daughter was at UConn and I didn't want to drive home after games. Mark Gildea at the bar is an old friend.

Reaction Score
While placing the new hotel in the Tech Park north of the Jungle makes sense to a degree as that will be an area that people will be visiting a lot; no one likes a hotel in the middle of an office park. Most folks want to be able to go out for a bite to eat, a drink, watch a game, walk, etc. Thus, a new hotel should be in Storrs Center as that is where the entertainment is an it is within walking distance of the core campus. Now, will Mansfield agree to such...

As a side bar, I believe that Nathan Hale crammed into the location where it was built was to take advantage of the conference facilities at South (Rome Commons).

Reaction Score
While placing the new hotel in the Tech Park north of the Jungle makes sense to a degree as that will be an area that people will be visiting a lot; no one likes a hotel in the middle of an office park. Most folks want to be able to go out for a bite to eat, a drink, watch a game, walk, etc. Thus, a new hotel should be in Storrs Center as that is where the entertainment is an it is within walking distance of the core campus. Now, will Mansfield agree to such...

As a side bar, I believe that Nathan Hale crammed into the location where it was built was to take advantage of the conference facilities at South (Rome Commons).
My wife and I have stayed at Nathan Hale a few times in the past 2 years...each time we found that they were housing students there and having classes there as well. It is in a really good spot to convert into a residence hall, and just move current staff to the new hotel.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score

I think you're spot on concerning getting the hotel into the Storrs Center parcel. They need to make the hotel the type of place that would be nice/fun to stay at in the middle of summer or during school.

Reaction Score
Hotels are not easily converted to Student Residence. I agree that Nathan Hale isn't ideal in its location. But, there is a boom in Student Residence development and you could get something special in today's market. Hale has utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom