UConn Basketball: #Onions | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn Basketball: #Onions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thanks TCF, for the tears I will cry watching this over and over

particularly fond of the shot where Price/Austrie do that crouching slap fives routine

To me this is the mojo machine for 2016, but I would have expected the Brimah and-1 punching the ground to force OT against St Joe's, I understand its a bit of a different play than most of these though.

Reaction Score
Awesome - love part II.

(small critique - you cut out the Villanova cheerleader from Part I - her reaction was priceless)
Thanks...yeah, I agree, but unfortunately, I had to make some cuts to allow room for the new additions (Caron vs St. John's, Omar vs. Georgetown, Kemba vs Villanova & Jalen vs. Cinci).

Reaction Score
Thanks...yeah, I agree, but unfortunately, I had to make some cuts to allow room for the new additions (Caron vs St. John's, Omar vs. Georgetown, Kemba vs Villanova & Jalen vs. Cinci).

The smallest of critiques. :) Thanks for all that you do...

Makes it so easy to send youtube links to my Cuse and Nova friends lol. Makes them SO angry.

Reaction Score
is consensus for top 5 best game winners/buzzer beaters the following (in no particular order):
Tate George the shot
Ray Allen vs Gtown
Rip vs Washington
Adams
Kemba vs Pitt

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
is consensus for top 5 best game winners/buzzer beaters the following (in no particular order):
Tate George the shot
Ray Allen vs Gtown
Rip vs Washington
Adams
Kemba vs Pitt
I think so, but I'm sure there are arguments that can be made for Taliek in the BET and Khalid at Pitt.

Reaction Score
Okay, honest question, is there another program that has as many post-season game winning/tying buzzer beaters as UConn? Conference and NCAA.

To be clear: I'm thinking purely buzzer-beaters or shots that left so little time on the clock that the opponent couldn't really respond. Chalmers 2008 shot probably being right on the edge.

I know we're UConn fans so we're a bit myopic, but I watch a lot of post-season basketball and genuinely can't think of another team with 4: Tate, Rip, Adams, Kemba for UConn. Anderson against Washington might count too--but 1.8 seconds remained after and Appleby got a good look.

Off the top of my head:

Laettner hit two for Duke, but I can't think of any more.
McNamara hit a few in the 2006 BET.
Lots of teams with one great shot...

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Tate George the shot
Ray Allen vs Gtown
Rip vs Washington
Adams
Kemba vs Pitt

Tate, Rip, Kemba, and Adams are the pure buzzer beaters (no time left) in post-season play. The 1st three resulted in immediate UConn wins, and Adams tied the game, but that was so improbable (case could be made The Shot was on par).

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I think so, but I'm sure there are arguments that can be made for Taliek in the BET and Khalid at Pitt.
Taliek we were already winning, that just sealed it. Not that I'm complaining -- up 2, Pitt getting the ball, there's a great chance we were looking at triple overtime.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
#onions in my Avatar

Reaction Score
Okay, honest question, is there another program that has as many post-season game winning/tying buzzer beaters as UConn? Conference and NCAA.

To be clear: I'm thinking purely buzzer-beaters or shots that left so little time on the clock that the opponent couldn't really respond. Chalmers 2008 shot probably being right on the edge.

I know we're UConn fans so we're a bit myopic, but I watch a lot of post-season basketball and genuinely can't think of another team with 4: Tate, Rip, Adams, Kemba for UConn. Anderson against Washington might count too--but 1.8 seconds remained after and Appleby got a good look.

Off the top of my head:

Laettner hit two for Duke, but I can't think of any more.
McNamara hit a few in the 2006 BET.
Lots of teams with one great shot...

Did you see his hands? They're beautiful. I think we should settle.

Reaction Score
Did you see his hands? They're beautiful. I think we should settle.
They're YUGE!
tumblr_lv8znwaXwf1qhzn50.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Make it 5. Totally forget that shot.
I think one thing I found interesting in making this video is some of the same teams just keep showing up.

Villanova: Rashad in 2004 (didn't make the cut, but I had it in there), Kemba in 2011, Shabazz in 2012
Washington: Rip, Rashad
Pitt: Khalid, Kemba
Gonzaga: Denham, AJ
Cinci: Boatright, Jalen

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think one thing I found interesting in making this video is some of the same teams just keep showing up.

Villanova: Rashad in 2004 (didn't make the cut, but I had it in there), Kemba in 2011, Shabazz in 2012
Washington: Rip, Rashad
Pitt: Khalid, Kemba
Gonzaga: Denham, AJ
Cinci: Boatright, Jalen

Sometimes teams just love to be jolted - at least it makes them a part of history
Agreed that it seems to happen to certain teams
(I am sure Cuse fans feel that way about UConn????)

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Awesome as always! I would move the Rashad Anderson shot against Washington up to top 5 or so. That was such a great shot with incredible pressure (and it was in the NCAA Tournament). But nevermind, they are all great!

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Awesome as always! I would move the Rashad Anderson shot against Washington up to top 5 or so. That was such a great shot with incredible pressure (and it was in the NCAA Tournament). But nevermind, they are all great!

What a set of testiculos on Rashad. That one doesn't typically come to mind when thinking about great buzzer beaters in our history but I would agree with you. Unfortunately I think what happened after that game salted that one quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom