UConn Baseball and AAC Conference Tourney - 1st Game Wednesday v. Tulane | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball and AAC Conference Tourney - 1st Game Wednesday v. Tulane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This ump blows. The first 2 strikes to Davey were the exact same pitch that Kay didn't get against Barber that would have struck him out. Now Davey gets tossed. Huge.

Reaction Score
This ump blows. The first 2 strikes to Davey were the exact same pitch that Kay didn't get against Barber that would have struck him out. Now Davey gets tossed. Huge.

Davey AND Cross.

Reaction Score
So with the ejection, Davey gets suspended for 1 game and Cross for 4. Probably doesn't matter with Cross, but if we win that would be huge for tomorrow.

Reaction Score
So with the ejection, Davey gets suspended for 1 game and Cross for 4. Probably doesn't matter with Cross, but if we win that would be huge for tomorrow.

What do you mean IF???

But thanks for the suspension info ... wasn't sure about that.

Reaction Score
What do you mean IF???

But thanks for the suspension info ... wasn't sure about that.
Yes, it will be big losing Davey's bat tomorrow but Yavarone is a Senior and has been in a lot of big games.

Reaction Score
So do we root for Tulane or ECU now? I say Tulane because I think it's easier to beat them twice than ECU.

Reaction Score
My guess would be he goes with Tabakman and then if we win comes back with Kay on Saturday first game.

Reaction Score
So do we root for Tulane or ECU now? I say Tulane because I think it's easier to beat them twice than ECU.
But then you would have to beat ECU to get to Tulane. I would rather play Tulane next. My thought is that Houston, ECU and USF may be locks from the conference to get into tourney. If we could knock out Tulane and then win at least one against ECU maybe we get the 4th nod over Tulane. We probably would have to get to at least the Championship game to realistic get the at-large bid and even that may not be enough.

Reaction Score
But then you would have to beat ECU to get to Tulane. I would rather play Tulane next. My thought is that Houston, ECU and USF may be locks from the conference to get into tourney. If we could knock out Tulane and then win at least one against ECU maybe we get the 4th nod over Tulane. We probably would have to get to at least the Championship game to realistic get the at-large bid and even that may not be enough.

I agree we need to reach the championship game, and beating ECU once is easier than having to beat them twice obviously. Although like you pointed out the pitching matchups come in to play. If Kay can't go tomorrow then it might be better to play Tulane.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
If you play ECU tomorrow I go with Tabakman. If it's Tulane I'd go with Montgomerie. Saturday you go with whoever hasn't pitched and then Kay (or vice versa). Sunday pretty much has to be Zapata or some sort of all hands on deck type game.

Reaction Score
If you play ECU tomorrow I go with Tabakman. If it's Tulane I'd go with Montgomerie. Saturday you go with whoever hasn't pitched and then Kay (or vice versa). Sunday pretty much has to be Zapata or some sort of all hands on deck type game.

I would think Tabakman will start Friday. If UConn wins, the my starter for the first game on Saturday would be Montgomerie. Possibles for the second game on Saturday and the game on Sunday are Zapata and Nepiarsky. As for Kay, he spent a goodly amount of time in the bullpen last season, and he has shown in the past that he is just as effective as a reliever as he is a starter. In fact before the season started I thought the best use for him was out off the pen. Given the circumstances that one more loss and UConn is out, I really expect to see Kay multiple times out of the bullpen.

Reaction Score
My Guess:
Friday - Tabakman
Saturday Game 1 - Kay
Saturday Game 2 - Montgomerie / Brown
Sunday - Zapata / Nepiarsky

Reaction Score
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-basebl/recaps/052115aab.html

Game Notes:

The Huskies are now 5-4 all-time against Central Florida, including a 3-1 record this season
  • Vinny Siena recorded his 90th hit of the season in the sixth inning, marking the fifth 90-hit season in UConn history. Siena joins LJ Mazzilli and Mike Nemeth as the lone Huskies to achieve the feat and is now tied for second in a single-season with 93 base knocks and 10th all-time with 219 career hits
  • Siena posted his 27th multi-hit game of the season and 12th game with at least three hits
  • Jack Sundberg recorded multiple hits for the 21st time this year, UConn is 16-5 in those contests
  • Joe DeRoche-Duffin hit his 10th home run to give UConn a double-digit home run hitter for the second-straight season after Blake Davey hit 10 in 2014
  • Carson Cross pushed his career strikeout total to 222, fifth-most in UConn history. He has also notched 108 strikeouts in 2015, fourth-best single-season total in program history
  • The walk-off win for UConn was its first since Tom Verdi delivered a walk-off single against UCF at J.O. Christian Field on May 15, 2014. It was also the Huskies' first win in five extra inning games this year
http://theamerican.org/galleries/?gallery=121

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
The reason I originally said Montgomerie against Tulane and Kay/Tabakman against ECU was you need all 3 wins to make Sunday so you might as well throw your weakest starter against the weakest offense. Probably maximizes your chances of making it to Sunday.

After giving it more thought I would go Tabakman tomorrow and Kay on game one Saturday. This maximizes your odds of getting two wins which could very well get you in the NCAA tournament. Maybe even have Kay ready to go in the bullpen tomorrow if Tabakman doesn't have it. Really need to maximize your chances at getting 2 wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom