Men - UConn and the 2023 MLB Draft | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Men UConn and the 2023 MLB Draft

Reaction Score
I really wanted to see the Captain get selected in the MLB draft after the great season he had this spring. Certainly glad to see this happen. David Smith was a terrific all around player for UConn baseball.

Reaction Score
I really wanted to see the Captain get selected in the MLB draft after the great season he had this spring. Certainly glad to see this happen. David Smith was a terrific all around player for UConn baseball.
Well said and congrats to Smitty. He was selfless this past season having to play 2B move to LF shift over to CF back to LF and then back to CF to finish the season. Shows what he is made of as a teammate.

Reaction Score
Well said and congrats to Smitty. He was selfless this past season having to play 2B move to LF shift over to CF back to LF and then back to CF to finish the season. Shows what he is made of as a teammate.

As I have posted in these threads before, I believe the quality defensive flexibility that David Smith showed in playing multiple defensive spots in the field helped in getting him picked in this draft.

Reaction Score
Good for him. He wasn’t even on the radar until this year. Came to UConn and made the most of it. Plus he is who he is no change in role. A lefty who can come in and get you the tough outs especially against LHH.

Reaction Score
Zach Fogell made the most of his time with UConn baseball, that's for sure. Also seems that quality lefty pitchers are always in demand during the MLB draft.

Reaction Score
Considering Ben Huber was not picked in the MLB draft last year, I'm not really surprised that he was not picked in this MLB draft either. Huber had another terrific season with UConn, but he was also another year older, which was not wear well when it comes to draft consideration.

Well, last year Erik Stock was not taken in the draft, but he was signed as a free agent after the draft. Hopefully the same thing will happen with Ben Huber.

Reaction Score
Considering Ben Huber was not picked in the MLB draft last year, I'm not really surprised that he was not picked in this MLB draft either. Huber had another terrific season with UConn, but he was also another year older, which was not wear well when it comes to draft consideration.

Well, last year Erik Stock was not taken in the draft, but he was signed as a free agent after the draft. Hopefully the same thing will happen with Ben Huber.

Also hope to see Freeberger sign as a free agent as well. From what I understand he has used up his college eligibility as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom