UConn and Duke Schedule 4 Game Home and Home Series | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn and Duke Schedule 4 Game Home and Home Series

Reaction Score
No, it’s because our wallets aren’t connected with a bad product.

If all you play is teams that will beat you down, then you will always look like a bad product. 80% of our schedule should be programs we have a chance at beating.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
If all you play is teams that will beat you down, then you will always look like a bad product. 80% of our schedule should be programs we have a chance at beating.

The only two games this year that we had no chance at winning are Duke and Tennessee.

We should have never lost to Utah State or FIU at home. This team has simply underperformed.
This is a bowl team masquerading as a 4-8 team.

I would have rather scheduled a P5 H/H than Tennessee. No interest in playing body bag games and that prevents us from playing a 7th home game every other year.

Reaction Score
The only two games this year that we had no chance at winning are Duke and Tennessee.

We should have never lost to Utah State or FIU at home. This team has simply underperformed.
This is a bowl team masquerading as a 4-8 team.

I would have rather scheduled a P5 H/H than Tennessee. No interest in playing body bag games and that prevents us from playing a 7th home game every other year.

JMU is going to drill us. You’re crazy.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
JMU is going to drill us. You’re crazy.

To quote the great Bill Lumberg, "Ooh. Yeah. Um, I'm going to have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there." JMU has a great record but they've played cupcakes. We have a shot.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure Army is going to join the AAC. Why?

Army is currently playing about 2 P5 schools per year, 1 to 2 FCS schools, and the 2 other service academies Navy and Air Force. If they go to the AAC, they play 8 conference games, but what if the AAC moves to 9 conference games? Basically, Army's schedule would become 9 AAC games, Navy (out of conference), Air Force, and an FCS game. Do they want that schedule? Even at 8 conference games, the schedule becomes 8 AAC games, Navy, Air Force, 1 FCS, and 1 OOC game. Seems restrictive. Also, there is the cost of dropping future games and there could be some impact on the Army/Navy game.

I think Army would be better off with a 4 game scheduling alliance with the AAC. Thus, Army gets 4 guaranteed games per year, Navy and Air Force games, 1 to 2 FCS per year and scheduling flexibility on 4 to 5 games per year. Kind of like the Notre Dame deal with the ACC. In return, the AAC gets a guaranteed attractive opponent for 4 games per year which will help home attendance and TV rights value.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I hope they keep us on the schedule for next year, but I doubt it.

Reaction Score

I was wrong. Also, Army will be moving away from playing their usual 2 to 3 P5 schools per year, so it looks like they are downscaling their schedule. I guess being 2-21 over the past decade against P5 schools may have impacted their decision.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom