UConn All-American Players | The Boneyard

UConn All-American Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This team is amazing. Looking at past All-American selections (major 5- or 10-player teams) we have:

Bria as a sophomore

Kaleena as a sophomore

Stef as a junior

Looking at this season and the future, I think this looks plausible:

Breanna as a sophomore, junior, and senior

Bria again as a senior

Stef again as a senior

Kaleena again as a senior

Moriah as a junior and senior

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Moriah could still sneak in this year.
Best point guard in the country

Reaction Score
Moriah could still sneak in this year.
Best point guard in the country
Did you say that just to get under ETT's skin?

She has been best in the country over the last week, but over long haul Sims is still #1. But Moriah is arguably a strong 2, even if Chelsea Gray were healthy.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Not trying to upset ETT at all, admire him greatly.

Just noting that as Moriah comes into her own, the all-around excellence of her game becomes more and more apparent.

Some of her penetrations (to the hoop) elicit screams in our household.

No turnovers, lots of boards, assists, steals.

Maybe the evaluators will wait until next year.

But depending on how the season unfolds, maybe not.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Did you say that just to get under ETT's skin?

She has been best in the country over the last week, but over long haul Sims is still #1. But Moriah is arguably a strong 2, even if Chelsea Gray were healthy.
Sims isn't playing the 'point guard' this year though people may still refer to her that way.
As a true point guard who runs a complex and efficient offense, scores a bit, rebounds a bit, and plays killer defense Moriah is having a great year and I think as good as anyone in the country. She may not get the votes this year, but she probably should.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Technically, Sims is a slant Point Guard. Baylor is putting the offense in her hands at the top of the right hand side as Baylor faces the basket.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I love the way Moriah is playing, and Rebecca gave her several big plugs today. I think AA selection may be an uphill battle for a couple of reasons, including not a lot of recognition until the middle of the season and the probability of 3 Huskies ahead of her.

I have not seen enough of Duke, but Alexis Jones is very good too. She, Chelsea Gray, Odyssey, Amber Orrange, and Moriah may be the top 5.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I love the way Moriah is playing, and Rebecca gave her several big plugs today. I think AA selection may be an uphill battle for a couple of reasons, including not a lot of recognition until the middle of the season and the probability of 3 Huskies ahead of her.

I have not seen enough of Duke, but Alexis Jones is very good too. She, Chelsea Gray, Odyssey, Amber Orrange, and Moriah may be the top 5.

The point guard for Vandy... Lister.. is pretty good.... but I cant really argue with your list. I said before the season that Duke had 2 of the top 5 pg's in college.... but we wouldnt see what Jones could do at the point again until next season. Unfortunately that timetable has been moved up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom