UConn 2014 Champion Title | The Boneyard

UConn 2014 Champion Title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seeing this group of FF teams makes me so glad we won last year. These are familiar faces (dook to a lesser extent) and had we not won last year I would be extremely nervous and scared about our future.

That title also buys us a little time to get things back to where they need to be, starting with a strong regular season showing.

Now I just have to hope for a Wiscy/MSU matchup with Wiscy winning it all. If uk/dook win it all it will push us down a notch (according to the media). MSU winning will put them equal or even above us.

With that said if we recruit well and play UConn ball we will be fine!

Last edited:

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Good post.

In regards to if Duke or UK win it pushes us down a notch in the media's eyes. It always seems like UConn is in quicksand in these debates, constantly sinking as time progresses, where we need to win a title every other year just to stay in the their league perception wise. Meanwhile, programs like KU, Indiana and UCLA can comfortably rest on their laurels of yesteryear, or should I say yester-century (albeit '08 kansas).

for us there is always an excuse as to why we are NOT
for them there is always an excuse as to why they ARE.

Reaction Score
Actually, if MSU wins, that will push down a notch. they will have 7 FF and 3 championships and a great coach in Izzo. They would catapult ahead of us. Whereas, like it or not, both Duke and Kensucky are already ahead of us.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
4 > 3

Nothing else matters

Reaction Score
I like the fact that we have the same number of titles as Duke. I also like that we are ahead of Kansas 4-3. I guarantee some people in the media dont even know that or wouldnt even believe it if you told them.

Reaction Score
Some of you guys worry too much. The bottom line is you need to keep winning to stay top of mind, we've done that. However, without being in an ESPN contracted, premier conference, we will not get hyped or respected even if we win the next 3 NCAA tourneys.

If you think last year's title did anything for us, you are wrong. The only promotion we got out of the whole 2014 run, save Jay Bilas' little feature the day after the title game on Sportscenter, was a bunch of KO to the NBA rumors started by ESPN. Without being in the ACC or SEC you just won't get the promotion from ESPN and that leads to respect. All our success will continue to be forgotten within a week or two of each title until ESPN wants it to be different.

Reaction Score
Poor UCONN. Come on guys.
The only thing I am upset about is that we were over looked for a invite to a power 5 conference- when scrub programs like Pitt and Rugers got one. I could care less about the talking heads and what they say.

Reaction Score
Scot-e said:
Poor UCONN. Come on guys. The only thing I am upset about is that we were over looked for a invite to a power 5 conference- when scrub programs like Pitt and Rugers got one. I could care less about the talking heads and what they say.

I mean this in a gentle way but, you are full of crap. Half the fun of winning multiple titles is the long term recruiting benefit it gives us. Without media hype, it isn't really helping, and that is just sad. For the accomplishments of the program to produce so little long-term benefit is very disappointing. Meanwhile, Calipari and Coach K get constant infomercials on the top sports network. To say that doesn't bother you, is totally disingenuous. Further, if we had been given the hype that we deserved all along, we probably wouldn't have missed out on a P5 invite.

Reaction Score
While NCAA performance is the key indicator for a program's greatness, I also believe that regular season performance is also very important. In that regard UConn only has been dominant in the regular season 2 or 3 times in the past decade.

Reaction Score
I would still rather be in our situation where expectations aren't "too extreme".
Being 4 out of 5 in Nat'l Championships is better than being 1-6 like MSU is in the same time span(Does that make Izzo great?!?). I couldn't stand the constant let down that MSU fans have.

DALTX

I don't have a hobby, I watch UConn
Reaction Score
I'm rooting for Wisconsin. We had many Wisconsin fans' support at the Final Four last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom