Men - UConn @ #19/23 Auburn Tigers (Saturday 3/2/24 Doubleheader @2p ET* & Sunday 3/3/24 @2p ET*). Sunday on SEC+. All 3 games on Mixlr | The Boneyard

Men UConn @ #19/23 Auburn Tigers (Saturday 3/2/24 Doubleheader @2p ET* & Sunday 3/3/24 @2p ET*). Sunday on SEC+. All 3 games on Mixlr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Interested to see Auburn. Will be a tough test (obviously) as they seem to do everything well. Hit for power, steal bases (one guy already has 10 SBs in 8 games) pitch, and play defense. Well balanced too. Best win was against Iowa and only loss was to Virginia (top 10) last Sunday.

Would like to see Uconn play clean and let the chips fall where they may this weekend. Eliminate the mental errors, throwing the ball around, etc. Fundamentally sound baseball in all 3 areas and can build off of it.

Re: Future UConn spring break opponents :
UCSB 3-4 they're pitching hasn't been great which is what they are known for. Lost 2 of 3 to Campbell on road. Home home-field situation hasn't helped
UCLA 5-3 swept Gonzaga got swept by TCU
UC Irvine 6-0 Haven't played elite competition yet
Cal Baptist 5-3 beat Pepperdine 2x (who beat UCSB)

From what I've seen the team that's looked the best to me is TCU (9-0). Swept UCLA, and beat Arizona. Caveat: all at home. That doesn't mean they are the best team yet.
Florida is good but a step back from last year. Losing Langford and Rivera will do that. Lost to Stetson midweek and they looked flat. Still a very good team but not as lethal as last year.
Saw Wake but it was against weak competition so not much of a read but obviously in the mix to win it all.
Haven't seen LSU, Arkansas, etc.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

-> 5- Some teams are finally playing somebody with a pulse.

Lots of good matchups this weekend (finally) as Clemson-South Carolina square off in their annual knife-fight, Miami hosts Florida in one of the best rivalries in our sport and Santa Barbara had to switch its home series to Oregon this weekend due to their field still not being ready. But the one series I’m going to keep a big side-eye on is UConn continuing to rack up frequent flier miles in going to Auburn. I have my suspicions that the Huskies aren’t that bad, even though they got swept in three at Cal last weekend. And as for the Plainsmen, I wouldn’t have had them in my top 25 yet, beating Iowa wasn’t enough for me to go on with them. Let’s see how that one turns out. <-

Reaction Score
Interesting that a lot of teams down here just delayed for a few hours and are playing tonight in cold weather. Definitely a strategic move by Auburn as the temps are supposed to be back in the 60's tomorrow. They didn't want to play us in the cold weather tonight.

Reaction Score
Interesting that a lot of teams down here just delayed for a few hours and are playing tonight in cold weather. Definitely a strategic move by Auburn as the temps are supposed to be back in the 60's tomorrow. They didn't want to play us in the cold weather tonight.
Georgia/Georgia Tech got suspended midway through the 5th.

Reaction Score
Jonesy it is today......

AUBURN, Ala. – Due to the weather forecast and current accumulation in the Auburn area, Friday's series opener between No. 14 Auburn and UConn has been postponed. The two teams will now play a doubleheader Saturday starting at 1 p.m. at Plainsman Park.

Game two will begin approximately 45 minutes after the conclusion of game one, and the ballpark, outside of those within the Hall of Fame Club, will not be cleared in between games, both of which will be nine innings.

Neither game will be streamed on SEC Network+, but both will be broadcast on the Auburn Sports Network and can be heard locally on 100.3 FM.

Reaction Score

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
How lame is the SEC that today’s games have absolutely no tv coverage? Not even something the Auburn fans can watch. They probably won’t let CJ do a live stream because of licensing restrictions or some such bs.

Reaction Score
How lame is the SEC that today’s games have absolutely no tv coverage? Not even something the Auburn fans can watch. They probably won’t let CJ do a live stream because of licensing restrictions or some such bs.
Extremely lame.

Hope Jonesy can pull off the insta live stream

Reaction Score
Top 1st, after the homer, Garbowski gets a walk, but is thrown out trying to go to 3B on a single. 1-0 UConn.

Reaction Score
Bottom 1st, after a hit by pitch, a walk, and a double steal with no out, a ground out for the first out drives in a run. Game tied at 1 going to the top of the 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom