UCLA-TX thread | The Boneyard

UCLA-TX thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Because I've got tickets to Monday night and I need to study our opponents.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Two sophomores to watch, whom not enough people know about:

Jordin Canada, UCLA's PG. She doesn't always have a great shooting day, but her ball-handling, speed, body control, and decision-making are just outstanding. The second-best PG in the country, according to many (and that's after MoJeff, not L. Allen!).

Ariel Atkins, Texas shooting guard. She's had a real rough go of it with injuries in her first couple years, but she's finally coming around late in her sophomore year and reminding people why she was one of the country's top recruits two years ago. Streaky shooter but has all the tools.

Reaction Score
Thanks so much for this Plebe. I think someone said this recently, that if we end up playing UCLA, it's be Canada vs. Kia from Canada!

Reaction Score
Are our guys dressed and in the stands watching?

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
UCLA up 17-11, end 1st. UCLA looks a step quicker than Texas so far in this one. I know they're a more perimeter-oriented team than Texas is, so maybe it's not surprising, but still.

Plebe

Reaction Score
UCLA up 17-11, end 1st. UCLA looks a step quicker than Texas so far in this one. I know they're a more perimeter-oriented team than Texas is, so maybe it's not surprising, but still.

Texas's bigs are in foul trouble, which has plagued them at times this year. Boyette and Lang both with 2. But Texas's guards are finally getting their teeth into the game. 27-24 at 2nd quarter media timeout.

Reaction Score
At half-time, both teams competent and competitive, but neither is daunting. Low scoring post play.

Plebe

Reaction Score
At half-time, both teams competent and competitive, but neither is daunting. Low scoring post play.

Billings for UCLA is having a great game so far: 11 points and 9 rebounds at halftime. She's a tad undersized but extremely athletic, and has frankly outplayed Texas's posts. I don't think anyone saw that one coming.

Reaction Score
Billings for UCLA is having a great game so far: 11 points and 9 rebounds at halftime. She's a tad undersized but extremely athletic, and has frankly outplayed Texas's posts. I don't think anyone saw that one coming.
yes, she seems athletic.

Plebe

Reaction Score
As a Houston boy and Comets fan, gotta give a shout-out to Tina Thompson, looking fierce.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I don't see anything from either one of these teams that would suggest they can stay within 40 points of us.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I don't see anything from either one of these teams that would suggest they can stay within 40 points of us.

It is hard to avoid the overwhelming sense that these two teams are playing for the privilege of getting creamed by UConn. But that shouldn't lessen what it would mean for either one of these up-and-coming programs to reach an Elite 8.

I'm a fan of both programs and both coaches, and I have a hard time picking just one to root for in this contest. Cori Close and Karen Aston are two coaches who have paid their dues and have elevated their respective programs by doing things the right way.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Huge shot fake and "and-one" by Ariel Atkins to give TX a 7-point lead with 4:30 to play.

Plebe

Reaction Score
This 4th quarter has been just brutal for UCLA. The basket has turned tiny on them.

Reaction Score
In season after next, Texas is poised to be really good. Lashann Higgs will develop and Joyner Holmes could be an impact player as a freshman.

Reaction Score
I was hoping for a UCLA blowout. This win by Texas makes Baylor look more formidable.

I don't need formidable.

Reaction Score
Semifinals that are really NC games bring out the best in Stewie.
Ya I hope it's the 'real' NC game vs Baylor in the semi's - "statement" game against the best available team. Then a fun beat-down of LadyVol in the finals with Stewie dunking - "because she can" - on her last collegiate play after we're up 50.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Ya I hope it's the 'real' NC game vs Baylor in the semi's - "statement" game against the best available team. Then a fun beat-down of LadyVol in the finals with Stewie dunking - "because she can" - on her last collegiate play after we're up 50.

Could you mail me express just a 1/4 oz. of that stuff! :cool:;)

Reaction Score
Just rewatched the last meeting with Texas and I could swear they were a better team then than they are now. And they weren't all that good last go around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom