UCF | The Boneyard

UCF

Status
Not open for further replies.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
They are done for the year, but I see good things ahead. The university now has the 2nd largest enrollment
in the country, though a relative newcomer in reputation.
This year its football team came out of nowhere to win a major bowl and thrust its quarterback Brian Bortles
into a lengthy conversation prior to the May 8 NFL draft, and it gives UCF sports quite a shot.
President John Hitt has been a big success in the university's growth, and he seems to encourage quality all around. There's a good chance that in time its women's hoops will have a commitment from the school to
upgrade the program. We'll watch.

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Thanks for the info. Huge blow to lose their star player right after our first game. I know we blew everyone away this year and probably will for a few years, but I enjoyed a lot of the games and liked the fight most teams displayed. Between them and whatever happened in Houston to their coach, two out of the eight programs had serious issues this year that hopefully will not repeat. Houston winning their first tournament game was a huge surprise too and at least sends them home a little happier than they were when they arrived.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
President John Hitt has been a big success in the university's growth, and he seems to encourage quality all around. There's a good chance that in time its women's hoops will have a commitment from the school to upgrade the program. We'll watch.
I had thought that UCF made a big sports commitment some years ago with significant upgrades in facilities, and I thought they were hiring a coach with purportedly huge upside. The only reason I knew was Courtney Locke, the former RU backup point guard was hired as an assistent coach there (she left for a year when Carlene Mitchell got the UCSB job, then returned to UCF (reportedly her boyfriend is there)).

So I was actually quite surprised to see that they have not been particularly successful over the last few years.

Reaction Score
They are done for the year, but I see good things ahead. The university now has the 2nd largest enrollment
in the country, though a relative newcomer in reputation.
This year its football team came out of nowhere to win a major bowl and thrust its quarterback Brian Bortles
into a lengthy conversation prior to the May 8 NFL draft, and it gives UCF sports quite a shot.
President John Hitt has been a big success in the university's growth, and he seems to encourage quality all around. There's a good chance that in time its women's hoops will have a commitment from the school to
upgrade the program. We'll watch.

Thanks a million. I really appreciated hearing this and am hoping that we are moving in the direction of breaking the cycle of whinning and negativisms regarding the aac. We have a rough road ahead and must seek out the little positives to make life for all a little easier. The aac is where we are and probably where we might be for long (I am not one of those saints of visions who writes here and tell us that WE will be in the B10 or elsewhere in 2, 5 or whenever the prophets come to their senses) as far as know, so let the positives come rolling, or we will drown ourselves in tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom