UCF Postgame Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCF Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dorka, make your put backs! Pump fake, gather yourself, go up strong!
Paige did not look very Paigelike!
I wonder if the late start affected them, or the lack of power on campus today. I know I'm grabbing for straws here, but even with the good UCF defense, UConn looked out of sorts.
Yes, thank you Azzi
Edwards gave as much as she got.
I want to see more Caroline!
Take the win, no matter how ugly.
Now I have to settle down and go to bed.

Reaction Score
There are times in life and games where nothing else matters but surviving.

Afterwards, you can quote Nietsche to yourself and claim you're better for it. But the main thing is: it's over and you're moving on.

Reaction Score
I am really glad that they won. It was very difficult game to watch. I thought that they should have won by 20 or more. However, UCF did perform in a way that they should be commended for keeping UConn flustered and the score very low.

Again, I am glad that they won. Maybe the Indiana game will be a break out game for this team to recover and play the rest of the way to victory.

Reaction Score
Well, that was a battle from start to finish. At this point, I'm happy with a win where there are no injuries. Considering how poorly the team executed on offense and some awful games from the post players today, UConn won and the defense remains strong. Some things to work on this week, but I am happy to see the team hold on and hit clutch FTs in the final minute. They may need more of that during this tournament.

I dont envision this kind of battle (or "rock fight" as the announcers said) with Indiana, but we will need to do a better job on finishing inside and guarding the 3. For now, I'm going to take a day to enjoy 28 straight Sweet Sixteens, and breaking another Tennessee record :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the UCF game:
  • WOW!!! I'm completely exhausted and I didn't play a minute.
  • I was really worried about UCF ahead of tonight's game. Unlike past UCF teams, this year’s version is longer, more athletic, and more experienced than any Black Knight team UConn ever faced back in the AAC days.
  • UConn clearly felt the pressure from the start of the game, getting sped up, turning the ball over, and missing an extraordinary number of layups.
  • This game was always going to be won on defense, and from the second quarter on UConn dug down deep and really stepped up their defensive effort, holding UCF to 47 points. The Huskies blocked 9 shots, forced numerous charging calls and turned the Black Knights over 20 times.
  • While UCF is a very good team, they still employ their infamous “HACK A HUSKY” defense. UConn benefitted to the tune of 8 more made FT’s.
  • Some really big shots in the 4th qtr from Azzi, Christyn & Paige helped the Huskies hold on to this one by their fingernails, with Christyn & Azzi icing it with 4 clutch FT's.
  • For those who keep track of these things, with the win tonight, UConn has qualified for the Sweet 16 for the 28th straight time….Ho hum…..;)
  • NOTE TO BONEYARD: I’ll be at the games in Bridgeport next weekend, so thanks in advance for someone else initiating the postgame thread. If UConn makes it to the FF, I’ll be back on the job in 2 weeks.
Remembering the last game these two teams played, not surprised how this game played out.

Just happy with the win and hopefully all survived healthy. Mental fortitude gained during the season on display.

No farther comment.

Reaction Score
The coach didn't even wave at Geno. But as Geno once said about Muffet, and I paraphrase, "You spend the whole (season) game trying to beat each others brains out and you expect us to go out and have glass of wine together. That ain't gonna happen".
Sales and another of the UCF’s assistant coaches congratulated the Huskies.

Reaction Score
whatever that was that UCF played was not real basketball, easily the worst game I have had to watch.
Also in the future, if a certain user could stop wishing players injuries on the opposing team would be appreciated if you kept that to yourself.

Reaction Score
I beg to differ about your second sentence. Young women playing a game would not play as dirty as they did and show absolutely no sportsmanship after, like they're better than that. Go back to Florida cause you aint going to Bridgeport.
I’m talking about our young women; not the UCF team. Their lack of sportsmanship was quite apparent.

Reaction Score
#5 of 9

Ugly rock fight, but a win. Need a good week of practice.

Reaction Score
Before the selection show I was worried that we might not be in Bridgeport and tonight I had the same thoughts. But my tickets are still good. Whew!! Thought we might join the other terrible 2’s but fortunately we weren’t terrible enough.

Reaction Score
So the four guards who saw the most minutes shot 11-33 overall, 5-17 from 3, had 3 assists and 6 TOs but the player Auriemma called several times the “leader” of the team and the catalyst to quick, intense starts to games never saw the court in the 2nd half, never mind Ducharme also being benched for the 2nd half. They won but were very ripe for the picking, the game was really decided on the foul line. The advantage Uconn had with their depth has seemingly been abandoned and IMO Auriemma committed a cardinal sin of coaching, don’t fix what isn’t broken.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Not going to list a lot points - negative or positive.

UCF came out and went for the knock out punch. Didn't happened. UConn counter punched the rest of the game.

UCF and their coach have no class.

And sometimes ugly is beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member