U19 WC USA vs Spain 1:15 PM Saturday - YouTube Link | Page 5 | The Boneyard

U19 WC USA vs Spain 1:15 PM Saturday - YouTube Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Or he can do like I do. Since UCONN isnt my team..... I refer to their players by their real names.... with the exception of KML. I'll leave the nicknames to you Husky fans. I think nicknames for players are kinda silly myself.... but if the kids like it... then i guess its ok.
Fair enough, just don't be like your coach and start addressing the players by number!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Getting a chance to watch this game for the first time. Wilson was the beneficiary of some terrific passes including ones from Cox and Dangerfield.

Dangerfield has some serious vision and passing abilities, not to mention speed and handles.

Collier continued to show her impressive motor. She'll make a great trapping partner if Geno decides to use her as such. Her and Ortiz were especially good at that. She also hit a pretty driving jumpshot, a deep baseline jumper, a 17-ft jumper from the elbow, and what would've been a three had her toe not been on the line.

Cox is one of the best passing bigs I've ever seen.
Slu, I agree completely and would even take it one step further-I could see Dangerfield starting as a Freshmen at UCONN because her game management skills (tempo) are off the charts.
I was curious about your thoughts on Slocum's play during this game. I was somewhat critical in another post.

"But as a basketball player in her (Sloucm) first game in the situation for which she said she was "grateful" she was stripped quite easily first two times she touched the ball & took some very questionable shout- borderline selfish-IMO. I will chalk that up to being over eager to please but I'll be watching more closely if she even gets another chance."

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I was curious about your thoughts on Slocum's play during this game. I was somewhat critical in another post.

"But as a basketball player in her (Sloucm) first game in the situation for which she said she was "grateful" she was stripped quite easily first two times she touched the ball & took some very questionable shout- borderline selfish-IMO. I will chalk that up to being over eager to please but I'll be watching more closely if she even gets another chance."

I only noticed her in the second half--maybe she didn't play the first--and I didn't really come away with much of an impression one way or another. I remember one nice mid-range shot, and that she was part of the group that scored about 3 points over the last 8 minutes of the game. I'd have to watch again, or watch closer the next few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom