U19 USA vs Argentina Wednesday 10:30 AM Youtube Link | The Boneyard

U19 USA vs Argentina Wednesday 10:30 AM Youtube Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It may be that the Argentines are a bit undersized. Napheesa would be the center on this team. :D

Reaction Score
48-18 at the half. Total mismatch. I know the opposition is the strongest but there's nothing that Collier can't do and very well. Rebounding, shooting (3's included), defense are all performed at a very high level. She does push the ball a little far in front of her when she dribbles (effective on a fast break but not in traffic) but that's how closely her game has to be scrutinized before you can find something she doesn't do at the very highest level.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
48-18 at the half. Total mismatch. I know the opposition is the strongest but there's nothing that Collier can't do and very well. Rebounding, shooting (3's included), defense are all performed at a very high level. She does push the ball a little far in front of her when she dribbles (effective on a fast break but not in traffic) but that's how closely her game has to be scrutinized before you can find something she doesn't do at the very highest level.

Her defense needs work but that's true of most high school players. She has incredibly long arms which will allow her to get lots of steals and deflections.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Well next up is Canada

No celebrating by the Canadians this time.

I'm thinking a US v Australia final. Aussies are winning easily, led by incoming Stanford freshman Alanna Smith, SMU post Alicia Froling and Baylor guard Kristy Wallace.

Reaction Score
Russia beat this same Argentina team by 35 earlier in the tournament. It should be a good game between them and Australia. If all goes according to plan, they would meet in the semi's while we would play Belgium in the other half of the draw.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Russia beat this same Argentina team by 35 earlier in the tournament. It should be a good game between them and Australia. If all goes according to plan, they would meet in the semi's while we would play Belgium in the other half of the draw.

Dont count out Team Espana :cool:

Reaction Score
This game would have been totally stultifying to watch unless you were a Husky fan. But, for me, Napheesa provided all the interest for which one could hope. She moves like a gazelle on the floor, and, while the quality of coaching she's about to receive is going to make her infinitely better, she's NCAA-ready right now! Our favorite team is so deep and so talented that Geno has the luxury of bringing the three Freshmen along slowly. There's not that much pressure on them in an immediate sense, which, of course, will benefit them enormously. But, of the three, I suspect that N.C. will be the hardest to keep on the bench very long...she will be another UConn superstar before it's all over!

Reaction Score
Anybody else notice that Jeff Walz was not there today. I'm assuming he was ill; hope it's not serious.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Collier showed off her skills again today after an off game Monday. Her jumper is super smooth, she moves without the ball beautifully, and she causes havoc all over the court with her length, quickness, and hustle. She had 11 points (5-8 fg), 9 rebounds, 4 steals, and a block in 25 minutes.

The more I watch Dangerfield the more I feel she might be able to start as a freshmen at UConn. She had 6 points, 4 steals, and no TO's in 14 minutes, and she started the second half. Her jumper looked excellent and she made a highlight-reel steal and bank-shot after a spin move.

Ali Patberg had her best game today as well. Notre Dame will continue to be the biggest threat to the Huskies, I believe.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The more I watch Dangerfield the more I feel she might be able to start as a freshmen at UConn. She had 6 points, 4 steals, and no TO's in 14 minutes, and she started the second half. Her jumper looked excellent and she made a highlight-reel steal and bank-shot after a spin move
Slu,
I said the same thing a few days ago. Dangerfield's game management (control of tempo) is the best I have ever seen at any level. Maybe Chris Paul in NBA.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Slu,
I said the same thing a few days ago. Dangerfield's game management (control of tempo) is the best I have ever seen at any level. Maybe Chris Paul in NBA.

Watching her you'd think she had at least a year of college experience, not be a year away from going.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Slu,
She and Nurse are going to be a ridiculous combo. Just when opponents think they are safe after Mo graduates...:)

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Collier showed off her skills again today after an off game Monday. Her jumper is super smooth, she moves without the ball beautifully, and she causes havoc all over the court with her length, quickness, and hustle. She had 11 points (5-8 fg), 9 rebounds, 4 steals, and a block in 25 minutes.

The more I watch Dangerfield the more I feel she might be able to start as a freshmen at UConn. She had 6 points, 4 steals, and no TO's in 14 minutes, and she started the second half. Her jumper looked excellent and she made a highlight-reel steal and bank-shot after a spin move.

Ali Patberg had her best game today as well. Notre Dame will continue to be the biggest threat to the Huskies, I believe.
I saw that steal and spin move (Crystal). You might well be right: She seems to be a very mature player already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom