U19 Gold Medal Game - Russia vs USA - 4/30 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

U19 Gold Medal Game - Russia vs USA - 4/30

Reaction Score
OK, they play in the Euroleague. But perhaps Americans need to go pro sooner. American men certainly suffer from lack of training, spending perhaps a year in college, then sitting on benches in the pros. European pros, both in basketball and soccer, turn pro early, get excellent training in the basics, and then rule the world. How many of the NBA top picks who stick are from overseas? How many of the top pros?

Maybe that Euro League system is better than the American system. Those two Russian post players tore up an excellent American team of the best players in their age group. And before that, the Japanese came close to an upset.

Didn't the Americans lose the Pan-American games a year ago to Canada? And the U16 team lost in the semis? Time for us to wake up and smell the coffee....

In the OLYMPIC games--USA got smart and stopped using College Amateurs vs Russian Professionals.
As long as USA uses real HS/College kids vs Russian Pros--the win/loss record shall remain as it is.
I am against changing the American system for HS/College kids. We already have too many pro teams --the WNBA proves the point, their crowds are thin.
What needs to be done, at the international level, is to dictate that a level playing field must exist and all those competing in the U23 and under must not have Pro experience or full time jobs.
It was once so--. OR the USA must build a training program that trains Pro level players and maintains teams of specific age(s) from 10 years old until they age out of the program.
Easy to do in closed societies--much harder to do in the USA--parents like kids to be kids.

The Canada loss in Pan Am was caused by that coach using Moriah and Stewie in too many games too long. In the final game both were exhausted, AND, Kia had her greatest game ever up to that point and a few years beyond. Should Canada have played that USA team a week before or one later, USA would win.

Reaction Score
Tyasha Harris set a FIBA u19 tournament record with 40 assists and 7 turnovers in just 7 games. She is very impressive and only continues to improve. I think she will have a special sophomore season.
Harris was impressive in many games--. Her ball handling, 3 point scoring and dishing were among the best in the field.
We Uconn fans take comfort in that Dangerfield, after injuries and sitting long periods, showed she is a leader and did well in both scoring an PG dishing.

Reaction Score
Harris was impressive in many games--. Her ball handling, 3 point scoring and dishing were among the best in the field.
We Uconn fans take comfort in that Dangerfield, after injuries and sitting long periods, showed she is a leader and did well in both scoring an PG dishing.

I honestly think they both should be at the U23 trials right now. I'll take both over the many of the other PGs that are there.

Reaction Score
In the OLYMPIC games--USA got smart and stopped using College Amateurs vs Russian Professionals.
As long as USA uses real HS/College kids vs Russian Pros--the win/loss record shall remain as it is.
I am against changing the American system for HS/College kids. We already have too many pro teams --the WNBA proves the point, their crowds are thin.
What needs to be done, at the international level, is to dictate that a level playing field must exist and all those competing in the U23 and under must not have Pro experience or full time jobs.
It was once so--. OR the USA must build a training program that trains Pro level players and maintains teams of specific age(s) from 10 years old until they age out of the program.
Easy to do in closed societies--much harder to do in the USA--parents like kids to be kids.

The Canada loss in Pan Am was caused by that coach using Moriah and Stewie in too many games too long. In the final game both were exhausted, AND, Kia had her greatest game ever up to that point and a few years beyond. Should Canada have played that USA team a week before or one later, USA would win.
If Morgan was on that team, rather then an ineffective Coates, they might have won. Also they didn't have Mitchell from South Carolina who was injured, and not replaced.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'll let the attorneys sort this out but officially plagiarism is the charge.:eek:

I honestly think they both should be at the U23 trials right now. I'll take both over the many of the other PGs that are there.

I like both of the U19 PGs ( Dangerfield & Harris) better than any of the potential PGs for that U23 squad which are probably going to be (Canada & Durr).

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
It would not make much difference because Dangerfield could not play. Uconn will be playing elsewhere.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
A final word to wrap up the U19 women's trip to Italy last week. Watch the video.

image_handler.aspx

Reaction Score
Dangerfield and THarris over J.Canada/Asia Durr?

IDK. I really like Dangerfield but J.Canada is a cut above right now. Hopefully Dangerfield will be there her junior and senior year but I would pick the upperclassmen over the sophomores.

Anyways.. I guarantee a few of these guys will host the national champions next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom