U18 Team selected - 3 Huskies | The Boneyard

U18 Team selected - 3 Huskies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lexie Brown, Kendall Cooper, Bashaara Graves, Allisha Gray, Moriah Jefferson, Michaela Mabrey, Imani Stafford, Breanna Stewart, Morgan Tuck, Jannah Tucker, Moriah Jefferson, & Prince.

Reaction Score
oops...Lexie Brown, Kendall Cooper, Bashaara Graves, Allisha Gray, Moriah Jefferson, Michaela Mabrey, Alexis Prince, Imani Stafford, Breanna Stewart, Brittney Sykes, Morgan Tuck, Jannah Tucker

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
No Chong, too bad. I suspect she was at a big disadvantage, never having been there before. Hope it was a good experience for her.

Several new names, however.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
No Chong, too bad. I suspect she was at a big disadvantage, never having been there before. Hope it was a good experience for her.

I am not surprised that Chong didn't make the team after watching the video of her. She may develop into a better player but I just don't see it right now.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller Blog - Link

I was sorry to see that Saniya Chong didn't make the team. However, I'm sure she learned a lot and realizes how tough it is going up against the best players in the country.

Reaction Score
there were a lot of girls trying out for the u18 team that never been invited to USA trials Chong wasn't the only one...
.... was surprised 3 girls that didnt make the 17's made the 18

Reaction Score
there were a lot of girls trying out for the u18 team that never been invited to USA trials Chong wasn't the only one...
.... was surprised 3 girls that didnt make the 17's made the 18

Quite a few of the higher ranked players that are in the same incoming college class missed the age cutoff. Left some holes in the roster. Think that's why we saw a lot of first time invitees.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
congrats to the UCONN commits and the UCONN targets as well. Very glad to see Moriah on the team. i think it will be a great experience for her, and also solidify her chemistry (or enhance it i should say) with Bree and Morgan. A good number of guards, but only 2 kids who are listed as "true" point guards? Jefferson and Lexie Brown from 2013? hopefully Moriah gets to start and sees what it feels like to lead a team of elite players. she'll need the practice for when she gets to UCONN...!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
thanks for the link enigma! i did not know Caldwell was an assistant on the team.

Reaction Score
One thing stuck out from the article to me, was that the 3 Amigos all displayed a level of maturity and calmness, with the ability to dial it up when it was necessary.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
A third Connecticut signee, Moriah Jefferson of Glenn Heights, Texas, made a national team after eyebrow-raising cuts at two previous USA trials.

That was nicely phrased by them. i'm not sure if they are referring to the fans, or if there are others who think perhaps Moriah should have been on some previous teams. Either way i've been hard on HG for being an outlier in ranking some of our past recruits, so i have to give them credit when they go out on a limb a bit in the other direction...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

I think Saniya had both an age (yes, U-18, but class of 2013) and experience disadvantage. Realistically, she wasn't going to beat out someone like MoJeff. I hope Saniya had a good time, made a good impression, and learned a lot. And made friends with the Huskies! :D

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
And saw what she needs to do to get to that next level. She is clearly super athletic from what I've seen on youtube, and can get to the basket, but isn't quite at the level of the other three yet...(yet!)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
And saw what she needs to do to get to that next level. She is clearly super athletic from what I've seen on youtube, and can get to the basket, but isn't quite at the level of the other three yet...(yet!)
She has a year. :D

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
One of the links says that Moriah was the best 'lockdown' perimeter defender on the team.....just might get her [very] early playing time.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
One of the links says that Moriah was the best 'lockdown' perimeter defender on the team.....just might get her [very] early playing time.
I think Moriah's defense is something like Lorin's--great foot speed, quick hands, constantly harassing. People do not want to play against her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom