U17 - USA beats Hungary 91-63 in semifinals (merged) | The Boneyard

U17 - USA beats Hungary 91-63 in semifinals (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Sue Phillips Coach of the U17 team tweeted game is at 2:15 and will be televised on ESPNU.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Pardon my ignorance, but is the only way to watch the stream to sign up for LiveSports as the above link would seem to indicate?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I have previously registered for an account and I'm a non paying member. Just signed in and all indications are that I'll be able to watch the Czech vs Spain game for Free. I have seen tweets that indicate for $1.00 you'll be able to watch all FIBA streams until October. My understanding there are no Youtube streams for the two Semi-Final Games.

Players and others have tweeted the USA Game is on ESPNU. ESPN3 is showing the USA as available, so that may be another option.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Thanks fan1. $1 sounds reasonable. I just tend to try to avoid these "trial signups" as much as possible.

Reaction Score
Spain will be a tough team for us, IMO you can't have KLS playing PG, she needs to be able to do what she does best and that's shot the ball, no wasting energy bring the ball up, put the ball in a guards hands, PG play is going to be important against Spain, and I can't tell you if we have a PG capable because KLS brings the ball up, and we have not been challenged to this point so we never needed a true PG,

No 5 in 5 out in the championship game IMO, but I'm not the coach, but I want a good win

We have to get by Hungary first,

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Spain's Guards Dominating play and Spain leads 40-15 Spain's Guards are picking the pockets of the Czech ball handlers and getting relatively easy transition points. USA if they meet Spain won't be able to fall asleep on the Guards.

Reaction Score
I hope our players don't try to make it about them and continue to play team ball and take advantage of the mismatches, in big games we will see who is really ready to play

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA should be handle Spain, unless they attempt to play a real quick game and has sloppy turn overs. Spain gets consistent play from their guards and run their offense looking for the open player.

Reaction Score
They do run there stuff, I've seen some of our players get lost on defense, ie don't know how to drop down or rotate etc. but we should be able to win the game but it won't be easy

Reaction Score
ESPNU has the US vs Hun game which started at 2:15.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So far, best players on the court - Samuelson and Joyner. Both are just fantastic.

One thing that stood out to me (based on my very limited viewing of these kids so far), Durr and Ionescu seem more "team" oriented - willing to give up the ball for a better shot. Ogunbowale plays more like a bull in a china shop - drove to the basket while being triple teamed instead of kicking the ball out to a wide open teammate. Sure she drew the foul, but that's not team basketball...

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA should win, but not impressed with Team USA's defense. Hungary is able to run their offense and get off easy shots. Samuelson in the 1st half saved Team USA with her 18 points.

Reaction Score
End of first quarter 32-26 !!!! Yes. at the end of the FIRST quarter. KLS with 18 pts !!
But so do the players she's guarding !

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Katie Lou Samuelson now with 3 fouls when the Hungary player definitely went over her back to grab the rebound. Game is much closer then it should be as USA played poor defense. USA Leads 46-39. Without Samuelson's 6 Three Pointers, they might be losing.

Hungary shot 20 Free Throws most of the fouls were deserved. USA only shot 9 Free Throws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom