U17 training camp to open tomorrow | The Boneyard

U17 training camp to open tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
A pre-camp article on De'Janae Boykin that includes her first impressions upon meeting Geno.

http://www.gazette.net/article/2014...r-leaving-for-czech-republic&template=gazette
Good stuff.

"He’s really down to earth. He’s not as mean and all this, as cocky as everybody says he is. He’s actually just a really nice and genuine person. And I fell in love with his personality and the way that he coaches. He told me that I have to come in and work for what I want and work for my playing time which I respected because I didn’t want anything to be given to me. So, I just felt that was the best place for me."

Reaction Score
Good stuff.

"He’s really down to earth. He’s not as mean and all this, as cocky as everybody says he is. He’s actually just a really nice and genuine person. And I fell in love with his personality and the way that he coaches. He told me that I have to come in and work for what I want and work for my playing time which I respected because I didn’t want anything to be given to me. So, I just felt that was the best place for me."
"He came here in a regular truck"?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Could have been some sort of SUV. A lot of kids these days refer to an SUV as a "truck".
Probably like a Lexus SUV or BMW SUV. You know a normal everyday $50, $60, $70K dollar "truck". ;)

Reaction Score
Ahh-sooo. Guess I'm a truck driver too, then.

So do other coaches show up in bling machines or pimpmobiles? (Chauffeur knocks on the recruit's door and announces, "Coach Freese's limo will be arriving momentarily." Or everyone goes to the window to see what the racket is, and Muffett is racing the motor of her Lamborghini outside in the driveway: "Hop in, kid - wanna take this baby for a spin?")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom