Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Presuming USA beats Mexico today, USA will play Canada on Friday in the quarter finals. Canada beats Brazil 51-40 Canada has the potential to keep a game against USA close for a while, but doesn't have the depth to pull off the upset if USA plays their game.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I hope KLS has a more productive game today. Her shot was off last game, but I wonder if a contributing factor had to do with a pattern in the offense of sending her out to the corner 3 spot and seeming to largely ignore her there.

Reaction Score
Presuming USA beats Mexico today, USA will play Canada on Friday in the quarter finals. Canada beats Brazil 51-40 Canada has the potential to keep a game against USA close for a while, but doesn't have the depth to pull off the upset if USA plays their game.

Canada lost 2 games in the preliminary round. I'm not sure how long they can stay in the game. But, we are talking about 16-17 year olds so, I guess, the unexpected can happen.

Reaction Score
Normally when you get into this part of the tournament your sub pattern changes, if the coach employs the same sub pattern teams will hang around a bit longer in the first half but we should be victorious

KLS is the main offense weapon most plays are run to get her a shot but teams are aware of that and have slacked on Durr IMO, it is my belief that there are at least 7 to 8 players on USA that you could make the primary scorer and not skip a beat, but as I said in a earlier post players are playing there roles and it will led to a gold medal which is the ultimate goal of the team

Reaction Score
Careful,Spain may be a tough out!Go USA.
I agree they will be tough, it will concern me if the coach doesn't play her starters longer than 4min before she subs and the 5 in 5 out sub pattern in a big game could make a win harder than it has to be by giving a good Opponent team confidence IMO

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I hope KLS has a more productive game today. Her shot was off last game, but I wonder if a contributing factor had to do with a pattern in the offense of sending her out to the corner 3 spot and seeming to largely ignore her there.

She took more shots than any player and was 0-6 from three point range. I am not sure that qualifies as ignoring her.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Canada players Willock and Corbin did not play against Czech Republic and would have made a difference. Hungary was a close loss. Don't think Canada can stay with the US, just think they'll make the game interesting longer.

Agree with those that have said Spain will be a tough game. They are probably playing the best team ball. However, USA should win as it has the better players, especially Durr and Samuelson.

Canada lost 2 games in the preliminary round. I'm not sure how long they can stay in the game. But, we are talking about 16-17 year olds so, I guess, the unexpected can happen.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
She took more shots than any player and was 0-6 from three point range. I am not sure that qualifies as ignoring her.

"ignoring her there." And there is usually only one reason to go out there. Hope the game has a better flow today.

Reaction Score
No 8 is Angela SALVADORES.
5'9" guard. She is their leading scorer and rebounder in the group played games .

Surprisingly, she is just 6 of 13 from the free throw line.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
"ignoring her there." And there is usually only one reason to go out there. Hope the game has a better flow today.

I watched the game and it seemed to have a pretty good flow. Is a 56 point win, holding the opponent to 22 points, not sufficient? The US had a distinct advantage in the paint and used that to take an easy victory.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I really like what I see out of Joyner Holmes. I am definitely going to have to take a little drive south of Dallas to see her play next season.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Does anyone know why Asia Durr did not start for the US and appeared to sit out the whole first quarter? I thought she must be injured, but she entered the game in the second quarter and played very well (as usual).

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Some have Lauren Cox has the #1 rated recruit for 2016. Definitely needs to improve her shooting touch around the basket.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Ionescu does a lot of hustling -- two thirds of the way across the court for a long rebound of her own missed shot, for example. Kelly Faris is indeed a good comparison.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Yeah, I thought that rebound was VERY impressive. She seems very savvy.

Reaction Score
Didn't realize that KLS is the team captain (as per the roster listing on live stats).
Does the coach appointment the captain or do the players vote on it ?

Reaction Score
Does anyone know why Asia Durr did not start for the US and appeared to sit out the whole first quarter? I thought she must be injured, but she entered the game in the second quarter and played very well (as usual).
That is normally a coaches decision based on something done or not done like maybe couldn't practice etc.

Reaction Score
Didn't realize that KLS is the team captain (as per the roster listing on live stats).
Does the coach appointment the captain or do the players vote on it ?
It's based on who the table sees walk out to meet the refs I would assume Durr is also a captain, they could send different players each game

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Lauren Cox has rushed some shots and that's lead to a poor shooting %, but she's going to be a tremendous player. I think she moves around the court as well if not better than Stewie. She's shown a nice touch from 12 feet in at times and is going to be a great rebounder. She's also an excellent passer from the perimeter. And her footwork and quickness allow her to guard all over the floor.

Like Cox, I've been really impressed with KLS's quickness. She's going to be a nightmare in the press alongside Collier, Williams, Boykin, Nurse, etc.

Ionescu is a Doberman out there. Constant movement on both ends; a great motor. Excellent passer with both hands, can really drive through traffic, great anticipation on defense, and rebounds like a much taller player.

Ogunbowale's going to be good too. She's going to abuse a lot of smaller defenders by taking them deep into the post. I've noticed she's gotten yelled at a lot by Sue Phillips for not being alert defensively though.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
With all due respect,Nurse???If healthy...Gabby is far and away the better 1 or 2.

I'm not sure what you're saying other than you like Williams more than Nurse. I named both of them as potential future full court press options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom