U17 and U18 recruiting target observations | Page 21 | The Boneyard

U17 and U18 recruiting target observations

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Based solely on talent...there are probably 10-12 teams that could get to the championship game..with UConn most likely taking a step back (for one year) the field is wide open..looking at the rosters many of theses teams are loaded with potential, now they have to prove it on the court
I misunderstood you. I thought you were speaking of the 2017-20018 season. UCONN will be loaded then as will other teams. However, I think UCONN's team that year will be extremely hard to beat. (2017-2018)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
True. And I kinda made that point in my post.

It's all null and void anyway though, our 2017 class is completed now. That post was made before we got two commitments in two days.
I was out of the country for 10 days and fell behind. Are you giving up on Westbrook?

Reaction Score
Tenn is a finalist for a number of highly ranked players, wonder how many they will get?

From Raul: Updated list of finalists for 20 top 100 WBB prospects in 2017 class (with about 7 weeks to early signing period), arranged by espnW ranking

Cs_0X5zUIAAgAwd.jpg

1 retweet2 likes

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think there are 3 on the list I'd like to see at Tennessee.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I was out of the country for 10 days and fell behind. Are you giving up on Westbrook?

Not out of choice. Technically we only had 4 scholarships to give. We currently have four players committed to us.

We have several players with redshirt eligibility years that may choose not to return and the coaches may already be aware of that.. (which means we would have more scholarships to give out) but nobody knows for certain, so right now I'm expecting us to remain at 4. If we get Westbrook then YAY... if not, we still have a pretty solid class with our needs mostly met.

Reaction Score
i think 2017 is make or break for TN. we have really put a full court press on this class and MUST land at LEAST three great players if not 4 or 5. put me in the anxious camp.....i need a signing!

Tenn is a finalist for a number of highly ranked players, wonder how many they will get?

From Raul: Updated list of finalists for 20 top 100 WBB prospects in 2017 class (with about 7 weeks to early signing period), arranged by espnW ranking

Cs_0X5zUIAAgAwd.jpg

1 retweet2 likes

Reaction Score
I disagree. UCONN will be the favorites next year Gabby, KLS, Napheesa, Kia, Azura, and Natalie will all be upperclassmen.
UCONN will certainly one of the favorites, but I think if South Carolina wins the championship next year (16-17), they essentially will bring back everyone for the 17-18 season. If ND wins, they lose Lindsay Allen, but bring back everyone else. If Baylor wins, they lose a lot in Jones and Davis, so will be hard to see them as favorites. If UConn wins again, they will be heavy favorites then. The next 2 years should be really competitive and interesting.

Reaction Score
My guess is Geno will be making another stop in Texas to see Sedona Prince

Prince would be a great get. Even at 6'7" she's mobile and has a nice touch.
A class of Williams, Prince and one othe big (Smith, Nelson-Ododa, Collier)
would be fine by me.

Reaction Score
Wait, SC will lose Coates after next year. Scratch that. Anyway, next 2 years will be VERY interesting, particularly 17-18. Throw in Ohio State with a senior Kelsey Mitchell, Mavunga, Calhoun, Harper, sophomore Tori McCoy, etc, Louisville will have seniors Hines-Allen, Mariya Moore and Junior Asia Durr plus their 16 class will be sophomores, UCLA's class of Canada, Billings, Drummer, etc will be seniors. Of course, where ever Megan Walker decides to go will play a big role. I think if she goes to Texas, she'll play with McCarty, Atkins, Higgs in the back court and a 2nd year Holmes. Don't think they will be able to win that year, but could be dangerous. Her going to UConn or ND will certainly put them among the favorites.
UCONN will certainly one of the favorites, but I think if South Carolina wins the championship next year (16-17), they essentially will bring back everyone for the 17-18 season. If ND wins, they lose Lindsay Allen, but bring back everyone else. If Baylor wins, they lose a lot in Jones and Davis, so will be hard to see them as favorites. If UConn wins again, they will be heavy favorites then. The next 2 years should be really competitive and interesting.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Wait, SC will lose Coates after next year. Scratch that. Anyway, next 2 years will be VERY interesting, particularly 17-18. Throw in Ohio State with a senior Kelsey Mitchell, Mavunga, Calhoun, Harper, sophomore Tori McCoy, etc, Louisville will have seniors Hines-Allen, Mariya Moore and Junior Asia Durr plus their 16 class will be sophomores, UCLA's class of Canada, Billings, Drummer, etc will be seniors. Of course, where ever Megan Walker decides to go will play a big role. I think if she goes to Texas, she'll play with McCarty, Atkins, Higgs in the back court and a 2nd year Holmes. Don't think they will be able to win that year, but could be dangerous. Her going to UConn or ND will certainly put them among the favorites.

We lose Coates, but gain Jennings. Jennings isn't as dominant inside but her offense is much more polished. She can actually score outside the paint. With the lost of Coates we lose our rebounding advantage in just about every game. Our young bigs in Harrigan and Williams will be very important.. K. Davis (if she's still here) should be solid in her second year as a 3-4 player.

We won't be favorites but we should still be a threat. Most of this year's team will have a year's worth of experience playing with one another. That chemistry is important. It worked when we've had far less talented teams.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Danielle Patterson was scheduled to visit ND on Sept.9-11.

There was some discussion about this before - the real visit date for Patterson at ND is October 29. ND has a home football game against Miami that weekend.

Reaction Score

Cs_0X5zUIAAgAwd.jpg

1 retweet2 likes
Of the 9 players who have Tenn on their list, it would be interesting to estimate, just mathematically speaking, what the probability would be of them getting x number of players. Any statisticians out there up for the challenge?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My guess is Geno will be making another stop in Texas to see Sedona Prince
Sedona committed to Texas yesterday.

Geno is looking at Charli Collier, NaLyssa Smith, and Olivia Nelson-Ododa. I'm not sure if we are on Olivia's list, but I sure hope so.

Reaction Score
You can add Dorie Harrison, younger sister of Isabelle Harrison, to the above list of players that have Tennessee on their lists. I have no idea how many we will land, but we will have room for 4-5 players from this class and another 4-5 from the Class of 2018. The dominoes will begin to fall this coming Tuesday when Dana Evans announces her choice.

Reaction Score
Of the 9 players who have Tenn on their list, it would be interesting to estimate, just mathematically speaking, what the probability would be of them getting x number of players. Any statisticians out there up for the challenge?

I'm not sure that mathematics would answer that question.........talk to their parents and AAU coaches!!!!
I would hazard a guess that Tenn get 2-3 out of the nine................

Reaction Score
Mitchell has got a "patchwork" roster this year. At one point, he was down to 6 active players on his roster. If he tries to fit that square peg (Calhoun at the point) into a round hole, he may be creating even more problems than he already has.

If Mitchell can post a .500 record this season, after the investigations, and the mass exodus of players over the last two years, I'd view this season a moderate success. I don't expect Duke to get an at large bid to the NCAA tournament. Maybe an NIT bid. We'll see.
Sierra Calhoun will play for Ohio State this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom