U16 FIBA Championship | Page 3 | The Boneyard

U16 FIBA Championship

Reaction Score
USA up 56-25 at the half. I thought Canada would give them a better game. It's not to be. Canada with 20 turnovers at the half. Watkins is very talented and she sure likes to shoot the ball.

Reaction Score
118-45 dismantling of Canada.
Didn't think it would be that easy. It looked almost like all the other blowouts for the USA in this tournament. Canada with 31 turnovers.
Watkins got MVP

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
US would have had more challenging practices against each other then what they had in the actual games they played. They clobbered Canada just like all the other teams, 118 - 45.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So Canada had the minor 'victory' of scoring 2 more points than Mexico (43) did in the group stage but were truly never in the game past the 5 minute mark of the first Q. USA also scored 2 points below their average of 120 in the game.

Canada missed all 11 three pointers they took and USA went 6/13 for 46%.

Reaction Score
USA up 56-25 at the half. I thought Canada would give them a better game. It's not to be. Canada with 20 turnovers at the half. Watkins is very talented and she sure likes to shoot the ball.

118-45 dismantling of Canada.
Didn't think it would be that easy. It looked almost like all the other blowouts for the USA in this tournament. Canada with 31 turnovers.
Watkins got MVP

Canada is getting better, but they're a long ways away from where the US is.

This is the type of score I was expecting. This team has some talent, but nowhere close to the depth the US has. Size was also going to be an issue as the US easily boasted several players over 6 ft.

If you look at the last couple U16 Americas, Canada lost by a significant margin. The only exception was 2015 where the US earned a bronze and Canada came home with gold.

I didn't watch the 2nd half as I was prepping for my work week. I'd like to see where the wheels really came off as I thought their first half was better than I expected it to be.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
That is easily the best U16 team I've ever seen, and they were extremely well coached. All business, team oriented, and in-your-face aggressive.

Jada Williams is super impressive and Watkins is too even though she definitely has a tendency to force a shots. But Watkins makes tons of plays and is uber talented. She will not have to be coached to be aggressive.

Jaloni Cambridge and Jayden Donovan may have been the revelations for me. Kendall Dudley has a bright future too.

Reaction Score
That is easily the best U16 team I've ever seen, and they were extremely well coached. All business, team oriented, and in-your-face aggressive.

Jada Williams is super impressive and Watkins is too even though she definitely has a tendency to force a shots. But Watkins makes tons of plays and is uber talented. She will not have to be coached to be aggressive.

Jaloni Cambridge and Jayden Donovan may have been the revelations for me. Kendall Dudley has a bright future too.

Agreed. It's instinctive with her.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

For me Jayden Donovan jumped off the screen more than any other player. Aggressiveness, speed, off the charts athleticism, good finisher around the rim, tough perimeter defense, long arms, and a willingness to do the dirty work winning teams need. Everyone knew Jada and Watkins, but Donovan was the shocker for me. A playa that is my kind of playa.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom