2024 Recruiting: - Tyler Betsey breaks down his recruitment | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Tyler Betsey breaks down his recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Freddie Wilson ended up at Seton Hall as well. Hillhouse kid
Yup! Tavon was on that team as well and I think he went to Drexel. First and only person I’ve ever seen actually shoot with both hands. Both CBC alums that played with Andre too.

The fact that Freddie was 6’4 and Tavon was 6’7 and neither played as bigs for Hillhouse was insane.

I don’t think either were ranked high. Another guy who wasn’t necessarily ranked high but went to a big school was Khalil Dukes (another CBC alum with Andre, went to USC). A lot of guys got to eat with the attention Andre brought. Lol

Reaction Score
Yeah it’s pretty rare for public school CT kids to get a lot of recruiting attention. Tyler might be the first one to do so without being 7’ or having a famous name.

As of recent, the only people I can think of that got big time recruiting attention were

• Andre Drummond (7’)
  • Clingan (7’)
  • Kris Dunn (played AAU with Andre)
  • Kuran Iverson (6’9 with famous last name)

What Tyler has going on right now is prettt different, and even then he’s playing with out of state AAU teams for the exposure and St Thomas Moore now. Not sure if he would’ve kept getting that exposure at a CT AAU team and staying with Windsor.
Gavin Griffiths, Tremont Waters, Mustapha Heron

Reaction Score
To be fair Tremont blew up at Kent and transferred to Norte Dame West Haven for his senior season. Neither of those schools are public.
Seriously? NDWH plays in a league with public schools, as do most catholic day schools in CT. Not, like Kent, in a league of prep schools.

Reaction Score
Seriously? NDWH plays in a league with public schools, as do most catholic day schools in CT. Not, like Kent, in a league of prep schools.
He played the majority of his HS career at Kent. He played his senior year at NDWH for sentimental reasons. He was not a public school kid

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
To be fair Tremont blew up at Kent and transferred to Norte Dame West Haven for his senior season. Neither of those schools are public.
Gravin Griffiths went to Kingswood too which is an elite private school up there with Loomis. Far from a public school.

I’m not sure about Mustapha’s career but I saw he went to Williams & Brunson Academy. Just don’t know when that happened on his “blowing up” timeline.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Gravin Griffiths went to Kingswood too which is an elite private school up there with Loomis. Far from a public school.

I’m not sure about Mustapha’s career but I saw he went to Williams & Brunson Academy too. Just don’t know when that happened on his “blowing up” timeline.
There's no such thing as Williams & Brunson Academy. Heron won three straight state championships at Sacred Heart, they played in the NVL.

Reaction Score

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Reaction Score
There's no such thing as Williams & Brunson Academy. Heron won three straight state championships at Sacred Heart, they played in the NVL.
Some of the most laughable games were played by this team. I believe they won a state championship game by a score of like 85-35. Was one of the most dominant teams I have ever seen

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Off topic but:

Sacred Heart was the best team in the state regardless of class. Whos stopping Heron in a the CIAC? They had a 40 game win streak and only loss was by 2 points in a last second miss against the number 5 team in the country in TJ leaf's Foothill Academy over at HoopHall in Springfield. The year before at HoopHall they beat Jose Alvarado's Christ the King by double digits.
Anything can happen in a one game playoff but they for SURE wasn’t going to be beaten in M or S.

As a LL class alum myself and someone who won their HoopHall matchup, it was no joke. Kris was the #2 PG in the country and didn’t even make it to states after winning L the year before. There’s not much competition in M and S.

Reaction Score
Off topic but:

Sacred Heart was the best team in the state regardless of class. Whos stopping Heron in a the CIAC? They had a 40 game win streak and only loss was by 2 points in a last second miss against the number 5 team in the country in TJ leaf's Foothill Academy over at HoopHall in Springfield. The year before at HoopHall they beat Jose Alvarado's Christ the King by double digits.

Just one of many examples why it's abspolutely ridiculous the catholic schools don't have their own playoff bracket in the CIAC.

Reaction Score
Just one of many examples why it's abspolutely ridiculous the catholic schools don't have their own playoff bracket in the CIAC.
I can't imagine how bad the basketball would be if it was just publics playing each other.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I can't imagine how bad the basketball would be if it was just publics playing each other.
It’d be pretty much Windsor vs Hillhouse every year with one of the occasional Hartford public and New Haven charter schools having a good year.

And whatever public school happens to have a top player their at the time.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The catholic schools kicking the s--- out of every public school but Windsor year in and year out isn't good basketball. It's an embarassment.
I actually checked and it’s not that lopsided, like at all. It was Hillhouse vs Weaver in the LL state championship in 2019.

The public schools consistently make it to states and beat catholic schools all the time. It’s pretty balanced.

Reaction Score
Yup! Tavon was on that team as well and I think he went to Drexel. First and only person I’ve ever seen actually shoot with both hands. Both CBC alums that played with Andre too.

The fact that Freddie was 6’4 and Tavon was 6’7 and neither played as bigs for Hillhouse was insane.

I don’t think either were ranked high. Another guy who wasn’t necessarily ranked high but went to a big school was Khalil Dukes (another CBC alum with Andre, went to USC). A lot of guys got to eat with the attention Andre brought. Lol
My Hilltoppers got em though lol

Reaction Score
They weren't LL but may have been bumped up a year because they were so good. They were the best team in the state at the time and played some national teams. Mustapha Heron- Auburn, UMass. Malik Petteway- Robert Morris. Tryn Flowers- UMass, LIU. Raheem Solomon- Niagara
Yea they never got bumped to LL that’s why some ppl got funny comments about they chips coming out of Class S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom