Two thoughts about the K-State game. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Two thoughts about the K-State game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Again, it's just the "small mistakes" that show you can't follow what actually happened.

Do you really think that mixing up a 3-point differential in a boxscore line somehow proves whatever point you are trying to make? Or are you just trying to distract from the point of the conversation?

And yes, you have all the facts straight except just the basic ones.

Instead of making this claim over and over, how about you point out what basic facts I don't have? Please list them.

Then you you as usual go from saying that Chong had no impact

If you want to credit her with the deflection/TO, fine. I mentioned that play above. But is that play really the basis for claiming she put on some sort of defensive clinic?

Chong-hater mantra that was spewed all last year by ones like you who didn't follow the action, cited wrong stuff that they always claimed were small mistakes and could never give any cogent reason why Geno would put Chong and Stokes into games and the Huskies would go off on great rolls.

You are babbling nonsense---accusing me of things I've never been (Chong hater), making false accusations (didn't follow the action; cited wrong stuff), and creating a straw man that has nothing to do with me (Stokes/Chong example).

We get it, you have your spiel and you want to stick with it this year no matter what the facts say otherwise.

Who is we? Not sure you get anything on this subject.

I laid out all the plays and posted the video at the time Chong entered. It's not hard to watch each play and note what happened. Why you are having conniptions about it, alleging some kind of anti-Chong conspiracy, and attempting to belittle me, only you could know.

If you are now saying you were just going off play-by-play transcripts of the action, let me clue you into something about basketball, the play-by-play doesn't tell a huge amount about what goes on out on the floor.

Thanks for that cluing in, but I clearly stated in multiple posts that I watched the plays, and I gave the video of the game at the time Chong came in so everyone can watch the plays.

Reaction Score
Do you really think that mixing up a 3-point differential in a boxscore line somehow proves whatever point you are trying to make? Or are you just trying to distract from the point of the conversation?

Instead of making this claim over and over, how about you point out what basic facts I don't have? Please list them.

If you want to credit her with the deflection/TO, fine. I mentioned that play above. But is that play really the basis for claiming she put on some sort of defensive clinic?

You are babbling nonsense---accusing me of things I've never been (Chong hater), making false accusations (didn't follow the action; cited wrong stuff), and creating a straw man that has nothing to do with me (Stokes/Chong example).

Who is we? Not sure you get anything on this subject.

I laid out all the plays and posted the video at the time Chong entered. It's not hard to watch each play and note what happened. Why you are having conniptions about it, alleging some kind of anti-Chong conspiracy, and attempting to belittle me, only you could know.

Thanks for that cluing in, but I clearly stated in multiple posts that I watched the plays, and I gave the video of the game at the time Chong came in so everyone can watch the plays.

Are you two married?? This sounds eerily familiar with an argument my ex-wife and I had over who really coiled up the hose in the backyard.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
For those who were watching the games last year, D wasn't the reason that Chong sat last year either in the 2nd half of the season. The fact that Nurse was playing the guard spot so well was the reason Chong did not start, but it was especially when the Huskies needed a boost on defense that Chong went in during the big games to lock down a guard who was giving trouble. The best example of course was in the Tournament game against Dayton when Kia was having big problems stopping the Flyers' guards, especially Andrea Hoover, who had Dayton up at a few points midway through the first half at a scoring pace that would have put them at 100 for the game. Chong was sent in to face guard Hoover, and the the Dayton guard was shut down and turned the ball over during the next few minutes as UConn briefly regained the lead, though they lost it when they couldn't buy a bucket for the last 3 1/2 minutes before the half (Chong was not in during the last 6 minutes). The second half was a completely different story as UConn locked down on Dayton and ran away from them from the start.

But for those who actually watched the games last year, it was clear that whatever issues Chong and the Huskies' defense had against Stanford were long gone, and she often went in when Kia was either not quite in sync during the second half of her freshman year, or when the Huskies needed a change-up on D and Kia needed a breather.
I watch every game very closely and rewatch even closer, close enough to know that this notion of Chong as a "lock down" defender is not justified by anything Saniya has done in a UCONN uniform.
Saniya got an opportunity to play in the Dayton game because Kia got in foul trouble. Saniya did an adequate job in the Dayton game but it is a significant stretch & a severe disservice to Kiah Stokes to state " Geno would put Chong and Stokes into games and the Huskies would go off on great rolls". Kiah Stokes is arguably the most impactful defensive UCONN player ever! Chong is not and probably will not be part of that argument. To put Saniya's contribution into perspective during the Dayton, she went on to log a total of 2 minutes during UCONN's two most important games of the season against MD and 0 minutes in the most important game NC against ND. Surely Geno would have utilized a "lock down" defender against the 5 All-American caliber guards (Orange, Allen, Brown, Loyd, & McBride) UCONN has faced in the Final Four in the past two years that Saniya has been a part of the team. Unless... Geno really doesn't like her and was determined to only play her 1 minute in those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom