Two resumes for the committee. One is a 5 seed, the other a 7 seed. | The Boneyard

Two resumes for the committee. One is a 5 seed, the other a 7 seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Team A / Team B
  • RPI: 22 / 27
  • SOS: 30 / 73
  • Record: 26-8 / 26-6
  • Top 25 wins: 3 / 2
  • Top 50 wins: 7 / 5
  • Top 100 wins: both 9
  • 101-150 wins: 4 / 2
  • 151-200 wins: 4 / 10
  • 201+ wins: 9 / 4
  • Top OOC victory: #1 in RPI from SEC / #73 in RPI from Missouri Valley (a non tourney team)
  • Worse loss: 143 RPI / 188 RPI
  • 2nd worse loss: 53 RPI / 89 RPI
  • Rankings in committee: 26 / 18

Team B had two things over Team A: a better record, fewer wins over 201+s. Good for them on the former (though they had a weaker schedule so it was much easier, and they didn't do as well OOC). On the latter, the committee is essentially crediting Team B for their victory over a Southern Conference team (151-200) which is a better victory than Team A's win over an ACC team (207).

Then there's the issue of these arbitrary cutoffs (for instance, Team A beat a B1G team at #101 RPI and a Pac12 team at #104 RPI).

Reaction Score
Team A / Team B

• [ ]RPI: 22 / 27

• [ ]SOS: 30 / 73

• [ ]Record: 26-8 / 26-6

• [ ]Top 25 wins: 3 / 2

• [ ]Top 50 wins: 7 / 5

• [ ]Top 100 wins: both 9

• [ ]101-150 wins: 4 / 2

• [ ]151-200 wins: 4 / 10

• [ ]201+ wins: 9 / 4

• [ ]Top OOC victory: #1 in RPI from SEC / #73 in RPI from Missouri Valley (a non tourney team)

• [ ]Worse loss: 143 RPI / 188 RPI

• [ ]2nd worse loss: 53 RPI / 89 RPI

• [ ]Rankings in committee: 26 / 18
Team B had two things over Team A: a better record, fewer wins over 201+s. Good for them on the former (though they had a weaker schedule so it was much easier, and they didn't do as well OOC). On the latter, the committee is essentially crediting Team B for their victory over a Southern Conference team (151-200) which is a better victory than Team A's win over an ACC team (207).

Then there's the issue of these arbitrary cutoffs (for instance, Team A beat a B1G team at #101 RPI and a Pac12 team at #104 RPI).

Please do tell.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It's bull**** that we got a 7 seed, but I'm pretty excited by our draw. Beat St. Joe's and Villanova, then play at MSG? I'll take the disrespect along with that path.

Reaction Score
It's bull* that we got a 7 seed, but I'm pretty excited by our draw. Beat St. Joe's and Villanova, then play at MSG? I'll take the disrespect along with that path.

True.. this is a tournament that can be stolen.. ie there is no "great" team. Florida is probably the most complete team I've seen, but even they don't have a single great player, though they are super athletic. In almost any matchup, Napier will be the best player on the floor and when you have the best player, you have a chance in a one-and-done scenario.. just like in '11

Reaction Score
That shows what a terrible job the committee did and how unfair they were. Having said that. the 7 seed plays St. Josephs, while the 5 seed will play the winner of a play in game between NC State and Xavier. Then the 7 seed would play Villanova to get into to the sweet 16, while the 5 seed would have to play Louisville. Suddenly the 7 seed doesn't sound so bad.

Reaction Score
That shows what a terrible job the committee did and how unfair they were. Having said that. the 7 seed plays St. Josephs, while the 5 seed will play the winner of a play in game between NC State and Xavier. Then the 7 seed would play Villanova to get into to the sweet 16, while the 5 seed would have to play Louisville. Suddenly the 7 seed doesn't sound so bad.

Absolutely. 99% of UConn fans like the bracket. We're only discussing what this implies about how the AAC will be treated in the future.

Were recruits listening as the analysts were all screaming, "Look how the AAC got jobbed!!!"

Reaction Score
Absolutely. 99% of UConn fans like the bracket. We're only discussing what this implies about how the AAC will be treated in the future.

Were recruits listening as the analysts were all screaming, "Look how the AAC got jobbed!!!"

We'll have to go undefeated in conference play (or very close to it) to get any consideration for a #1 or #2 seed

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
St Louis gets LV in game 2 and WSU in game 3. You want to trade?

Oh this is pre bitch!ng for things that might happen in the future. That's worth worrying about before this tournament starts.

Reaction Score
St Louis gets LV in game 2 and WSU in game 3. You want to trade?

Oh this is pre bitch!ng for things that might happen in the future. That's worth worrying about before this tournament starts.

Bla blah blah, nothing of value from you, like always.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Bla blah blah, nothing of value from you, like always.

Sorry it's not as insightful as crying about seeing that was adventageous.

St Louis is the worst example you could use. They have tougher games in every round. They should be pointing out they got a brutal road and a 7 seed got something much easier.

Reaction Score
Sorry it's not as insightful as crying about seeing that was adventageous.

St Louis is the worst example you could use. They have tougher games in every round. They should be pointing out they got a brutal road and a 7 seed got something much easier.

It's the best example I could use. That's why i used it. Obviously.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's the best example I could use. That's why i used it. Obviously.

Yeah because UConn was so disadvantaged to St Louis.

BECAUSE THE NUMBER NEXT TO YOUR NAME IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR OPPONENT.

Are you seriously that numb to what matters?

Reaction Score
Haven't you guys heard? We already lost and media is getting the All Philly matchup they were looking for.

Reaction Score
Yeah because UConn was so disadvantaged to St Louis.

BECAUSE THE NUMBER NEXT TO YOUR NAME IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR OPPONENT.

Are you seriously that numb to what matters?

if you read the thread, you'd stop frothing like a wildabeast.

Reaction Score
Whaler you are missing the point. There are two different issues. You can object to our seed, while still appreciating that there are other teams out there. The fact that a 5 would have to play Louisville as a 4 is another example of the crap job the committee did with seeding. We should voice our displeasure and show the hypocrisy of the committee for future seedings. Such blind comparisons are good to see how at least seeding wise we were shafted. But we can enjoy the irony that their attempted shafting may give us a better chance at the sweet 16 at least.

Reaction Score
Whaler you are missing the point. There are two different issues. You can object to our seed, while still appreciating that there are other teams out there. The fact that a 5 would have to play Louisville as a 4 is another example of the crap job the committee did with seeding. We should voice our displeasure and show the hypocrisy of the committee for future seedings. Such blind comparisons are good to see how at least seeding wise we were shafted. But we can enjoy the irony that their attempted shafting may give us a better chance at the sweet 16 at least.

Glad you see the importance. It's also having a 5, 7 and 8 in the same bracket. Clear out the ACC teams, stick 4 seed Louisville against undefeated Wichita St. Classic.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I understand the thread. It's bitch!ng about something that might or might not happen in the future.

To complain about it looking at the draws the team got is ridiculous. They should be complaining about something tangible, not upstater crying about something that hasn't happened.

U

UCONNfan1

if you read the thread, you'd stop frothing like a wildabeast.
I clicked "like" on your post not because I wanted to pile it on Whaler (altho I'm sure some would say that's a pleasant side benefit), but because it was such a vivid graphic of something I've never seen before. A "frothing wildebeest"? Maybe it if had rabies, or are they generally frothy? Seriously amusing. Nicely done! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I understand the thread. It's bitch!ng about something that might or might not happen in the future.

To complain about it looking at the draws the team got is ridiculous. They should be complaining about something tangible, not upstater crying about something that hasn't happened.
Whale - you're a the glass 1/2 full kind of guy - Rah Rah
I am too BUT the committee screwed the AAC and it's teams - plain and simple - the glass is full on that measure
it's natural for people who are passionate about something to sqwuak when they see inequities their way.
I find bitchin at the NCAA in much better taste, seeing what has been done to this program. What I don't understand is idiots who are ready to hold KO's feet to the fire if they lose the 1st game. That's plain stupid.
I have been a ticket holder and fan for over 45 years and don't remember if people killed JC on his 1st tournament loss.
ST Joes has some serious matchup problems for UConn and I feel better beating Nova than St Joes
Lets Go Huskies

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Say what you want, but getting throttled by Louisville twice in the last 7 days is probably the best thing that could have happened to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom