Two Questions for the Board.... | The Boneyard

Two Questions for the Board....

Status
Not open for further replies.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Question 1:
How much different would you feel about.....well....pretty much everything that has been posted since the game ended...if Omar had hit that last 3, and we had won?

Question 2:
Who do you think should receive the Testiculo Award for the game?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Question 1: I would have felt the same, I would have just not said anything. Because saying anything pessimistic after a W is suicidal on the BY.

Question 2: Torr Watts.

Reaction Score
The award should not be awarded this game, send a message to them. Nothing matters as much as the Testiculo so I believe this will lead to a 100-50 victory over Washington.

Give it to Elbows who always wears the neon green and Kemba Jerry in the student section.

You know the board is mad when jersey gets auto corrected to Jerry.

Reaction Score
I would have felt 100% differently. I would have said, Great, they won, even after submitting a post-finals lethargic performance. Good, the sign of a good team.

And, Omar Calhoun would have won the Testiculo.

If someone else had hit an easy bunny, and they won, I would have pitched Brimah for Testiculo since he was a big difference maker.

Reaction Score
I would be happy we won but the team's 2nd half issues against quality teams is very dis concerning, they are -32 in the 2nd half against BCS opponents

Reaction Score
Question 1:
How much different would you feel about.....well....pretty much everything that has been posted since the game ended...if Omar had hit that last 3, and we had won?

Question 2:

1) If we had won, I would be relieved, but equally concerned. This makes 4 games against so-so power conference opponents that came down to the final possession, which to me suggests that we're about on par with those teams. Throw Florida into the mix, and we're just about equal to the average of 7-3 Maryland, 4-6 BC, 8-2 Indiana, 8-1 Florida, and 7-2 Stanford (not counting games against us). That suggests decent, probably top-25 caliber, but nowhere near a championship contender.

In all likelihood, this team has the talent and wherewithal to compete with anyone, but doesn't have what it takes to be able to go into a game and guarantee a win against anyone besides a cupcake. Any game against a top-100 opponent could go either way with this group.

2) Nobody showed much in the way of testiculos in the second half. I might give it to Kromah. His defense was generally very good and made some needed contributions on offense.

Reaction Score
1. Unfair question, shot goes in and the talk about resolve continues, but everyone knows the issues regarding finishing games and holding a lead are still the soft underbelly of a perfect record.

2. Halftime dunk team. For getting the off the glass, bounce pass, mid-air pass, bounce pass and dunk sequence down on the third try, they dug down deep in the wake of failure to succeed.

2) Nobody showed much in the way of testiculos in the second half. I might give it to Kromah. His defense was generally very good and made some needed contributions on offense.

On a serious note, I would go with this. The 14-0 run stopped when KO put him back on Chasson Randle.

Reaction Score
1. We didn't deserve to win. But I would have loved to see Omar's shot go through. I'm hopeful that this is a learning experience so maybe he loss was good.

2. Obama.

Reaction Score
I don't usually participate in these sorts of threads but I would humbly nominate for the Testiculo Award, all the fans who are NOT complaining about KO's coaching, are NOT calling for a change in starters or drastic changes in playing time and are NOT declaring the team a disappointment for losing a close game in December! They are the ones exhibiting some true toughness!!!! This is not a sport for the faint of heart, even as just spectators and fans!

Reaction Score
The award should not be awarded this game, send a message to them. Nothing matters as much as the Testiculo so I believe this will lead to a 100-50 victory over Washington.

Give it to Elbows who always wears the neon green and Kemba Jerry in the student section.

You know the board is mad when jersey gets auto corrected to Jerry.

Elbows is my boy. We were camping out for Nova two years ago and somebody had a bottle of wine with no opener. Elbows grabbed it, cracked it open on the Gampel steps without spilling a drop and chugged the whole thing. Right then and there I knew we were getting the W

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Question 1:

Question 2:

1) I'd feel the same, disappointed but not concerned. first game after a long layoff, rust is a great equalizer. Losses aren't always bad, you can learn from them. If we won, not an impressive win. maybe it's better we lost than continue to win in the final seconds.

2) DD

Reaction Score
1. We didn't deserve to win. But I would have loved to see Omar's shot go through. I'm hopeful that this is a learning experience so maybe he loss was good.

2. Obama.

No such thing as a good loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member