Twenty NCAAW Wins in a Row and Still Counting | The Boneyard

Twenty NCAAW Wins in a Row and Still Counting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From 1996-2000, the New York Yankees won 14 consecutive World Series game in which they played. Our girls, since 2013, have now won 20 consecutive NCAAW tournament games.

I think Tennessee's string still beats us, but we beat them by making this year's final four.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I wouldn't compare the Yankees here at all, but indeed, tennessee's streak of 21 consecutive NCAAT victories was snapped by Duke in the 1999 regional finals. So yes, if Uconn gets four wins in a row here and makes yet another Final Four, the Huskies would then be at 22 in a row.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I wouldn't compare the Yankees here at all, but indeed, tennessee's streak of 21 consecutive NCAAT victories was snapped by Duke in the 1999 regional finals. So yes, if Uconn gets four wins in a row here and makes yet another Final Four, the Huskies would then be at 22 in a row.
As a native New Yorker and an avowed Yankee hater you are correct. Comparing the Yankee's success or their organization to any other is a losing proposition. As much as I dislike them anyone else wilts in their shadow. As does their propensity to buy success, be a lightning rod for hatred, all that's wrong with big money sports, all that wrong with spoiled over expectant fans and all that's right in handling high profile success. A model and microcosm of corporate American free market capitalism/democracy. However, their finishing last for the next 20 years wouldn't be a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom