Turtle over Jalen Adams? | The Boneyard

Turtle over Jalen Adams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Was it a case of the first one to say yes? Now off to find a big? I think Kansas offered both too, maybe we split these guards. Thoughts-

Reaction Score
I don't know anything further than what I read here but it sounds like they are similarly regarded/ranked prospects. So yes, in that case you take the first one to commit.

caw

Reaction Score
Yes and no. I do think it was "first come first serve" for them but if Adams is a later commit, UConn could still take both. Personally, I don't think Adams will be an option, bc he'll be off the board by then, but the door isn't completely closed either.

I would bet PC will try and get back in with Adams, but could see Kansas.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Maybe it is and maybe it isn't.

But just by it being a possibility it sends a message to other recruits that may be on the fence.

Commit or it's next man up.

Reaction Score
would like to sign center C. Diallo, 4 rated center, number 6 overall and a NY player. that would make 2015 a heck of a year.

GemParty

Reaction Score
mcs333 said:
scout has Jackson as the 9th best PG, Adams at number 17.
Don't get me wrong I love the start to 2015, I just know that KO had invested a lot of time in Adams too.

Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong I love the start to 2015, I just know that KO had invested a lot of time in Adams too.
That's why I'm hesitant to say that we wouldn't take Adams, too. Like 3 has said before, KO has been to, what, like 5 or 6 of JA's games? I think Will Jackson being recruited as a combo guard leaves a spot open for Adams at the 1.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
The real question is whether or not The Turtle will be sunning himself on top of the The Rock in two years... don't worry, he'll be holding a NC trophy.

GemParty

Reaction Score
tcf15 said:
That's why I'm hesitant to say that we wouldn't take Adams, too. Like 3 has said before, KO has been to, what, like 5 or 6 of JA's games? I think Will Jackson being recruited as a combo guard leaves a spot open for Adams at the 1.
how many spots do we have left open?

GemParty

Reaction Score
Paging UConn3 for some intell-

Reaction Score
There is no doubt the KO wants to run a 3 guard offense. 1.Adams 2.Jackson. 3. Ali

He loves the SN RB LK lineup this would be similar. Also I saw where Jackson was just offered last night and he accepted. Obviously it wasn't a race to see who the first to commit was. The Adams offer has been out for months

Reaction Score
Alright so here's what I'm thinking. Technically like tcf said we only have one scholarship left for 2015. That's barring an early entry, possibly Purvis, Hamilton or maybe someone else, or transfer, speculate on your own if you would like.

Initially when I saw the news Jackson had committed I though KO pulled a power move in that he told both that he was only taking one of them and it would be the first one that committed. So I figured Jackson pulled the trigger first. However, when talking to him he said the staff wants him to come in and be a combo guard so that still leaves the possibility of a point guard, Jalen Adams.

The problem with that is we only have one scholarship left. That would mean if Adams committed we wouldn't be able to take a wing or big. But I would say as of now we take 4 recruits. That would be a PG/Wing and a big. I don't see much room for another guard though.

With that being said we will find out sooner than later what the staffs thinking is. If the next update about Adams says that we've backed off then we are in on wings and bigs. I would say Adams is the only guard we would take no. We will see.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I would like to see a 4/5 with the last ship, though I believe another spot will open up and UCONN will go for a 3/4 with the last ship.

Reaction Score
Alright so here's what I'm thinking. Technically like tcf said we only have one scholarship left for 2015. That's barring an early entry, possibly Purvis, Hamilton or maybe someone else, or transfer, speculate on your own if you would like.

Initially when I saw the news Jackson had committed I though KO pulled a power move in that he told both that he was only taking one of them and it would be the first one that committed. So I figured Jackson pulled the trigger first. However, when talking to him he said the staff wants him to come in and be a combo guard so that still leaves the possibility of a point guard, Jalen Adams.

The problem with that is we only have one scholarship left. That would mean if Adams committed we wouldn't be able to take a wing or big. But I would say as of now we take 4 recruits. That would be a PG/Wing and a big. I don't see much room for another guard though.

With that being said we will find out sooner than later what the staffs thinking is. If the next update about Adams says that we've backed off then we are in on wings and bigs. I would say Adams is the only guard we would take no. We will see.
You're way more plugged into what's going on than I am but this is how I see it too, my guess is we are still going hard after Jalen Adams. I also see it as a 4 man class with a big and I still see Adams being a main target.

Reaction Score
From a player's perspective I don't see why he would want to come with all of those guards to compete with. I could see if we didn't already have Ali, but that's two guys you would have to compete with in the same class for two guard spots, and that's not even including Cassell Jr, Samuel, and Purvis if he's still here.

Reaction Score
If Adams comes, great, but we don't need him. Not sure why he'd want to come like aceboon said.

Reaction Score
I hear you but I don't see the staff backing off Adams, you don't put in that amount of time with a great player just to stop recruiting him when another player who is somewhat similar commits.....you can never have too much talent.

Reaction Score
Adams would be nice but gotta land Jessie Govan or alike. Govan is 6'11", 250lbs. JMO.

Reaction Score
I hear you but I don't see the staff backing off Adams, you don't put in that amount of time with a great player just to stop recruiting him when another player who is somewhat similar commits.....you can never have too much talent.
Well yes, you can never have too much talent, but recruiting effort is not an infinite resource. There is only so much time, so if the staff feels the chances of him committing are much less now or that the time would be better spent recruiting a larger area of need, it makes sense to back off. If backing of Adams means we have a much better chance of landing one of the top big guys targets, I'm all for it.

Reaction Score
From a player's perspective I don't see why he would want to come with all of those guards to compete with. I could see if we didn't already have Ali, but that's two guys you would have to compete with in the same class for two guard spots, and that's not even including Cassell Jr, Samuel, and Purvis if he's still here.
Kensucky, UNC, Kansas- all those type of teams are loaded every year with talent and kids still line up to go there. If the kid is good enough he does not care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom