Turnout In Buffalo | The Boneyard

Turnout In Buffalo

Reaction Score
This needs to be said. As a young(ish) fan, (started with 2004 title run, I was 6 then). Outside the last 2 KO years, last thursday was the most embarrassed I have felt to be a husky fan. I'm not sure who was there but my alma mater (UVM) showed out better than the huskies did. Hell, Arkansas did too, and let's not forget providence too who showed up well. Hammer the thumbs downs but there literally wasnt a section full of husky fans first night. We were easily the program with the highest pedigree out of any schools there by kind of a long shot and we were also the closest geographically. Not AT ALL Surprised that tickets didn't sell out, went with old fraternity friends who were arkansas fans and they noticed too. Really felt like a fool in my 1959 husky tshirt there. What happens (if) we make the tourney and have to travel to the west coast first round when fans can't make it to buffalo, I get thursday isnt the best day work wise but remote work is so prevalent!!!! Was beyond embarrassed having to explain to a syracuse fan why UConn fans didn't show up.

Reaction Score
i felt similarly. i bought a ticket in a random section of the lower bowl assuming the arena would be full of husky fans and was pretty horrified to find that i was basically the only uconn fan in my section. it was a mix of uvm fans, arkansas fans, a handful of nmsu fans, and a bunch of buffalo residents with no visible affiliation. everyone around me was losing their minds over teddy allen while i was on the verge of a panic attack, haha. not sure how it looked on tv, but even the uconn section behind the bench was only partially full. disappointing, and a bit surprising, given the hype around the team in-state this year.

Reaction Score
There were about 5000 UConn fans in Boston last night for the Hockey East title game, fwiw. 12k tickets, 60-40 UMass.
speaking for southern ct fans, boston suuuuucks

Reaction Score
Honestly a lot of fans went to the BET and couldn't swing two trips in 1 week.
This is probably it. It's also hard to plan a trip when you only have 3 days notice of where you actually need to travel to. Add in that Buffalo is not really desirable nor all that accessible...

I was at the Garden for the BET. Turnout is not an issue I'm worried about. I dropped about $1k just by myself for hotel, flights, food, and tickets. Having to do that again 1 week later in Buffalo would be tough lol

Reaction Score
Stop worrying about the UConn fan turnout and start preparing for your Sweet 16 game next week

Reaction Score
UConn fans in the past were so used to traveling for Sweet 16 and Final 8s. We’ve gone through Buffalo twice and won national championships. Both previous times UConn had the same presence. Not many fans. But then when you tuned into the next venue the following weekend there were a lot of UConn fans. In other words the lack of a presence in Buffalo is because of a base of fans that used to travel AFTER the first weekend.

Reaction Score
UConn fans in the past were so used to traveling for Sweet 16 and Final 8s. We’ve gone through Buffalo twice and won national championships. Both previous times UConn had the same presence. Not many fans. But then when you tuned into the next venue the following weekend there were a lot of UConn fans. In other words the lack of a presence in Buffalo is because of a base of fans that used to travel AFTER the first weekend.
Well we're not those guys quite yet. Maybe if Cole comes back...

Reaction Score
This needs to be said. As a young(ish) fan, (started with 2004 title run, I was 6 then). Outside the last 2 KO years, last thursday was the most embarrassed I have felt to be a husky fan. I'm not sure who was there but my alma mater (UVM) showed out better than the huskies did. Hell, Arkansas did too, and let's not forget providence too who showed up well. Hammer the thumbs downs but there literally wasnt a section full of husky fans first night. We were easily the program with the highest pedigree out of any schools there by kind of a long shot and we were also the closest geographically. Not AT ALL Surprised that tickets didn't sell out, went with old fraternity friends who were arkansas fans and they noticed too. Really felt like a fool in my 1959 husky tshirt there. What happens (if) we make the tourney and have to travel to the west coast first round when fans can't make it to buffalo, I get thursday isnt the best day work wise but remote work is so prevalent!!!! Was beyond embarrassed having to explain to a syracuse fan why UConn fans didn't show up.
I was embarrassed after the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom