Tuck's brace then and now - different? | The Boneyard

Tuck's brace then and now - different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We watched large chunks of three games from last season tonight. Tuck look very, very fluid and mobile, though she obviously had some sort of brace on.
During one of the EX games this year we noticed she seemed to be attending to her brace a lot....seemed bothered by it. And, she doesn't seem quite as quick and mobile to me. Have macular degeneration, so not so sure if the braces are identical. Any news or hunches? And does anyone see any difference in her mobility? Happy Thanksgiving.

Reaction Score
This is Tuck with brace (only one leg). I think it is kind of reinforcement to the leg. I used to wear same one in the treademill to enhance my leg. (photo copied from https://www.facebook.com/dkarwoski1?pnref=story)

11169414_977052739019653_5501574691204640135_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
KAI: great shots, and we thank you. We have so much to be thankful for already, so I don't want to ask for more. Yet, the brace in the games from last year appears to be much less cumbersome than this version, but I wouldn't want to bet on that as I couldn't see it that clearly.
If anyone has the time and the interest and the photo, we'd be curious about any photo from earlier last season for comparison purposes. Seemed like she was moving with such ease and grace. Wishing one and all a Happy Thanksgiving.

Reaction Score
This from last year. Hate those braces. Love this kid. Every day she deals with the pain. SHE'S AN ABSOLUTE WARRIOR, a team leader, and utterly deserving of the Huskies Wall of Honor.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
At one point, Morgan stopped wearing the brace at all this season (can't remember if it was in exhibition or not). Then she experienced a "tweak" and sat out some of the game. When she returned she had the brace on again, not, I think, because of any damage but primarily for psychological reasons. There were two reasons she shucked the brace: first, she felt she didn't need it, and it was awkward leaning down to adjust it during games. Apparently the thing slipped down, and she had to keep pulling it back in place. As far as I know, the knee is fine and is causing no problem and the brace is cosmetic. There is no understating her value to this team.

Reaction Score
Hey, HR - guess that'll do it....looks plenty similar and equally balky. Will watch more later to see if there is a.t. to our impression over here that she seemed more fluid last year. But for now, I thank you,, HR and KAI, and head "over the river and thru the woods" :) ...........Happy Thanksgiving.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Anyone who believes that Morgan or any other UCONN player is making the decision solo about what brace to wear or if they wear a brace at all does not know who Rosemary Ragle is. She is the best in the business and I am glad she is making these decisions.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
After going through 2 ACLs, and wearing braces for a year after surgery, trust me, if the brace isn't in exactly the right place and secured, it will bother you, both physically and mentally. And then there's the sweat factor ....

Reaction Score
This from last year. Hate those braces. Love this kid. Every day she deals with the pain. SHE'S AN ABSOLUTE WARRIOR, a team leader, and utterly deserving of the Huskies Wall of Honor.
A lateral brace is some times used for mental reasons.
Doesn't Geno require AA status to be on the Wall of Honor??
Deserving she is!!! In every aspect one may choose.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
A lateral brace is some times used for mental reasons.
Doesn't Geno require AA status to be on the Wall of Honor??
Deserving she is!!! In every aspect one may choose.

Just have to hope she earns wbca AA status this season, at which point, Morgan would be added to the Wall Senior Day/Night 2017. She plans to play next year and looks like she will join Stewie and Mo as wbca honorees. This would be great to see, of course.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Just have to hope she earns wbca AA status this season, at which point, Morgan would be added to the Wall Senior Day/Night 2017. She plans to play next year and looks like she will join Stewie and Mo as wbca honorees. This would be great to see, of course.
Yes. And the (HS) class of '12 would then accomplish something that TASS didn't: Each member on the Wall.

Reaction Score
Yes. And the (HS) class of '12 would then accomplish something that TASS didn't: Each member on the Wall.
Shouldn't that have been WTASS? She was one of the highly thought of, of those recruited. (I do like TASS however, couldn't figure out if DT or Tamika was the T --but DT came later. Much easier with JTS. I had an inkling it wasn't the Soviet Newspaper.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Shouldn't that have been WTASS? She was one of the highly thought of, of those recruited. (I do like TASS however, couldn't figure out if DT or Tamika was the T --but DT came later. Much easier with JTS. I had an inkling it wasn't the Soviet Newspaper.
It was originally TASSK, for Keirsten (sp?) Walters. I've excluded her because she had to default owing to chronic injuries. The letters are initials for first names: Tamika, Ashja, Sue, and Swin.

Reaction Score
It was originally TASSK, for Keirsten (sp?) Walters. I've excluded her because she had to default owing to chronic injuries. The letters are initials for first names: Tamika, Ashja, Sue, and Swin.
Walters, came to Uconn highly rated. Injured or recurring injury came very early. At Bradley when the team came back after winning it all
she was in line--and I had forgotten her name. I was embarrassed, and shamed.
I hope it didn't come across as critical--I was remembering OUR FAB Five (if only pre season). Thanks Gus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom