Tucker given false info which led to decommitting!!!! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tucker given false info which led to decommitting!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Typical. I'm sorry to disappoint you. TN is anything but in state of disarray. :rolleyes: Your comment is laughable. I thought I'd drop in to set some things straight...for those of you who AREN'T delusional that is. No need to respond. I won't be coming back to comment for a while.
Don't let the door hit ya on the way out ;)

Reaction Score
Shoot first and ask questions later. What all good dads do. Sorry, I don’t buy your spinning this into something good.

Sorry, your opinion means little to nothing to me. I speak the truth. I'm not "spinning" anything. I'll leave that to you and your buddy TonyC.

Geez, drop in to offer some TRUTH to this thread and get jumped on. Bye! Have a wonderful season!!

Reaction Score
Sorry, your opinion means little to nothing to me. I speak the truth. I'm not "spinning" anything. I'll leave that to you and your buddy TonyC.

Geez, drop in to offer some TRUTH to this thread and get jumped on. Bye! Have a wonderful season!!

I've heard your TRUTH... and it makes absolutely no sense.

Reaction Score
As I understand it, the monetary difference between CPTV's bid and SNY's bid
was inconsequential. The move to SNY was motivated more by the increased
exposure UConn's program would have on SNY than by money differences.
As I understand it, the monetary difference between CPTV's bid and SNY's bid
was inconsequential. The move to SNY was motivated more by the increased
exposure UConn's program would have on SNY than by money differences.

Well, ok. But, let's drill down on that from the perspective of Stray Cat's query on whether $$ might start interfering with WCB. Even if uconn is getting no more $$ out of the deal in comparison with its prior deal with cptv, something remains to be considered. Namely, sny, unlike cptv, is a commercial media outlet. It sells ad time to remind us to buy coke, pepsi; fords, toyotas; bigmacs, whoppers, etc., so forth. So if sny is also reaching more people, then its revenue ($$) is higher. So, how come uconn made such a bad deal for itself?

And, instead of a simple joy at being able to watch WCB in a nonprofit setting, now there could be added pressure for ratings success. That sort of pressure could change the chemistry of uconn WCB and not in a good way. But, assuming uconn can handle the pressure, other teams might not be as well managed when and if they start getting commercial teevee offers.

Bottom line is that Stray Cat's question is a serious one that deserves our attention.

Reaction Score
Well, ok. But, let's drill down on that from the perspective of Stray Cat's query on whether $$ might start interfering with WCB. Even if uconn is getting no more $$ out of the deal in comparison with its prior deal with cptv, something remains to be considered. Namely, sny, unlike cptv, is a commercial media outlet. It sells ad time to remind us to buy coke, pepsi; fords, toyotas; bigmacs, whoppers, etc., so forth. So if sny is also reaching more people, then its revenue ($$) is higher. So, how come uconn made such a bad deal for itself?

And, instead of a simple joy at being able to watch WCB in a nonprofit setting, now there could be added pressure for ratings success. That sort of pressure could change the chemistry of uconn WCB and not in a good way. But, assuming uconn can handle the pressure, other teams might not be as well managed when and if they start getting commercial teevee offers.

Bottom line is that Stray Cat's question is a serious one that deserves our attention.

So no need for rating success on CPTV? Guess you don't think # viewers has any relationship to $$$'s donated. How do you know it's revenue is higher than CPTV? Maybe CPTV was raking in the donations and didn't want to share with Uconn and thought they could win bid on the cheap.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I will say what I said last night, "there is more to this story!"

I just hope Tucker gets to play where she wants.

Reaction Score
Tenn has 2 seniors this year, and one next year.with this years class and a real good class next year. The team will be real good.
With a good class this year and a real good class next year, the Punxsutawney School of Cosmetology's wbb team would also be real good.

Reaction Score
The willingness of people to jump to conclusions without any facts whatsoever to back up their statements is very sad.
You just don't understand: that's a large part of the attraction of coming to women's college basketball message boards in the first place.

With nothing but verifiable facts on the board, there'd be 95% fewer posters and 99% fewer posts. The number of clicks on our banner advertising would plummet, and Tom, Biff and Nan would be on the breadline.

You don't want to be known as the man who caused our economy to collapse, do you Roy?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
With a good class this year and a real good class next year, the Punxsutawney School of Cosmetology's wbb team would also be real good.
Punxsutawney is already at its scholarship limit overloaded with short furry players and, unfortunately, are an unable to complete the season most years as their players are literally afraid of their shadows.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I like the way Geno handles recruits with overbearing fathers, he doesn't offer them. Isn't that why Tracy Lis ended up in Providence?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Typical. I'm sorry to disappoint you. TN is anything but in state of disarray. :rolleyes: Your comment is laughable. I thought I'd drop in to set some things straight...for those of you who AREN'T delusional that is. No need to respond. I won't be coming back to comment for a while.
We will try to bear up. (No pun intended,)

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score

Well, geez, you PROMISED you wouldn't be back. Whaddaya expect?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
If information is "blatantly false" that would make it obviously false, no? And if the information came from "outsiders" (evil-doers) then why didn't the father just speak to Holly and learn the truth before announcing that his daughter has de-committed? I'm sure she'll be back in the fold sooner than later.

Lots of drama with this 2013 class.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
If information is "blatantly false" that would make it obviously false, no? And if the information came from "outsiders" (evil-doers) then why didn't the father just speak to Holly and learn the truth before announcing that his daughter has de-committed? I'm sure she'll be back in the fold sooner than later.

Lots of drama with this 2013 class.
Yeah, way too much drama, and it does not bode well. I'm very happy there's none with Saniya.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
LDYVOLS4EVER. I know for a fact of the problems at Tenn. You can count on one thing. When I post something, I know what Im talking about. I dont post unless I have real information from a real source. Sometimes that information is diluted, or changed or added to and sometimes like with DD she had her mind changed. But I dont make up stories, I dont lie, and I dont decieve. I am a very honest person and sometimes to a fault. With that said there are problems at Tenn and Im glad Jannahs Dad is changing his mind and working on making her a LV. I do hope your program gets back to where they were in WCBB and I hope we meet in the NCAAS this season.

Good luck to you and your team.

Tonyc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member