Tuck Will Officially Be Named an All-American | The Boneyard

Tuck Will Officially Be Named an All-American

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...according to Rich Elliott. Does he have inside information?

By Rich Elliott - STORRS – UConn women’s basketball coach Geno Auriemma has seen it before many times. The more that is on the line the more it seems seniors Moriah Jefferson, Breanna Stewart and Morgan Tuck thrive under the glare of the spotlight.

They are three-time national champions. Stewart is the top player in the country. Jefferson is an All-American and the nation’s top point guard. Tuck will officially be named an All-American in the coming weeks.

"I’ve been saying this pretty much all year that whenever the games get bigger and the stakes get higher as the season goes along our three seniors play even better than they normally play,’’ Auriemma said. ``And they play great most of the time. (Monday) was just a magnificent performance by the three of them. It was really something to see. Just the way they feed off each other, the way they instill confidence in their teammates. They’ve grown up so much since four years ago when they were freshmen. And it was a perfect way to end this part of their career. It was really perfect.’’

MORE....

Reaction Score
Coach is quoted as saying that "it’s got nothing to do with coaching or tactics." Oh, really? For an "arrogant" guy, Geno is more than willing to give all of the credit to his Big 3. So I'll be arrogant for him. Coach is simply the BEST there is in WCBB. His genius has selected, prepared, and positioned these young women to be what they are. His plans and decisions play out for us to see, enjoy, and wonder at. I love all of UConn's players, but w/out Coach none of this would be happening.

Reaction Score

By Rich Elliott - STORRS – UConn women’s basketball coach Geno Auriemma has seen it before many times. The more that is on the line the more it seems seniors Moriah Jefferson, Breanna Stewart and Morgan Tuck thrive under the glare of the spotlight.

They are three-time national champions. Stewart is the top player in the country. Jefferson is an All-American and the nation’s top point guard. Tuck will officially be named an All-American in the coming weeks.

"I’ve been saying this pretty much all year that whenever the games get bigger and the stakes get higher as the season goes along our three seniors play even better than they normally play,’’ Auriemma said. ``And they play great most of the time. (Monday) was just a magnificent performance by the three of them. It was really something to see. Just the way they feed off each other, the way they instill confidence in their teammates. They’ve grown up so much since four years ago when they were freshmen. And it was a perfect way to end this part of their career. It was really perfect.’’

MORE....

Just curious, but what is his source for that claim that Tuck will "officially" be named in coming weeks as an All-American? I've thought she was a first team AA since last year. I recall reading that the reason she wasn't even nominated as an All-American was that each school may only nominate three candidates, or else only three may be "nominated" from an individual school, and KLM was the third nominee. Is that correct?

MT is tremendous, and plays with fluid grace. A delight to watch.

Reaction Score
Just curious, but what is his source for that claim that Tuck will "officially" be named in coming weeks as an All-American? I've thought she was a first team AA since last year. I recall reading that the reason she wasn't even nominated as an All-American was that each school may only nominate three candidates, or else only three may be "nominated" from an individual school, and KLM was the third nominee. Is that correct?

MT is tremendous, and plays with fluid grace. A delight to watch.

Yes, this is correct.

Reaction Score
This is GREAT. If I am correct, ,if she is indeed named an AA, then she is eligible for induction into the Huskies Hall of Honor.

I believe that you need to be either an AA, Player of the Year or something of the sort.

It is very well deserved and long overdue.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, I don't believe how Tuck does in the Tournament will have any bearing on her AA status. Those teams have already been voted on. I think the missed games in the middle of the season, and her slow return to top form have hurt her chances. But we'll see....

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think it means Uconn stacked the deck by ONLY nominating Morgan and leaving Stewart and Jefferson off the nomination!!!:eek::eek::eek::cool:

(Stewart and Jefferson will probably make the various 5 player AA first teams anyway, so it might be an interesting tactic. And Stewart will be the unanimous NPOY which would make the WBCA look a little silly not having her as an AA if she wasn't nominated. So nominating Jefferson and Tuck and leaving Stewart out might actually be an interesting strategy.)

Reaction Score
But Rich Elliot wrote that she will "officially" be named. Rather curious for a professional journalist to make a clear declarative without any supporting evidence. No quote, no source. But he declared it a done deal.

Of course, I think Morgan would be the victim of outright robbery if she were denied AA for a second year.

HGN

Reaction Score

MORE....

Java , I hope Rich Elliott is correct when he states that Tuck will be named an All-American..........I would love to see her get that honor.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yeah - talk about kicking the Mojo gods in the nuts!:eek::)
First the Gampel PA said Morgan would soon be joining her classmates on the wall, and now this in print!
I honestly don't think anyone knows as the votes are probably still being tallied - the announcements are ten days away. People can make assumptions ... suspecting that Stewart will sweep the NPOY awards is pretty safe, Morgan as an AA ... not quite such a done deal I would think - there is really solid competition out there.
Does she deserve it, I vote yes, but ...

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Of course there's no doubt.
Don't you know that Geno actually decides who is on the All-American Teams through his role as head of the basketball illuminati?
At least that's what I've heard on some other fan sites. :D

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who hopes that Tuck plays another year so that she becomes the center of attention at UConn and gets the national accolades she deserves?
No! You're not. In recent months I've hypothesized that if Morgan is selected as an AA this year, she leaves; if she doesn't, she stays. Reason: Morgan has previously stated that being on the wall when she leaves is an important goal of hers. We shall see.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who hopes that Tuck plays another year so that she becomes the center of attention at UConn and gets the national accolades she deserves?
Yes, for sure. But more important still that she make UConn an NC contender.

Reaction Score

MORE....

Yes!!!! I sure hope your 100% correct.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If I'm wrong, someone please correct me. Aren't the votes for All-Americans done at the end of conference play, and BEFORE the beginning of the conference tournaments? :eek:

Reaction Score
If I'm wrong, someone please correct me. Aren't the votes for All-Americans done at the end of conference play, and BEFORE the beginning of the conference tournaments? :eek:
Maybe that's why/how people in the know already know. ;)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Maybe that's why/how people in the know already know. ;)

That's what figured. Somebody opened a little "leak". I sure hope the rumored information is accurate. Tuck has worked hard this year, and is deserving of that recognition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom